XO
AEPHI/AXO
IGU/TRI SIG

By: more accurate
by: agreedJun 15, 2016 3:49:42 PM

^most accurate

By: agreed
by: nahJun 15, 2016 3:58:32 PM

XO isnt middle middle, theyre lower middle. also there is no way in hell AXO would be on the same level as aephi.

By: nah
by: less accurate actuallyJun 15, 2016 11:33:06 PM

aephi and axo on the same level, what??

kkg
sk/sdt
aephi/xo
axo
igu
trisig

By: less accurate actually
by: Nah to the person above mJun 16, 2016 12:02:27 AM

Kappa and SK are on the same, while SDT is upper middle. AXO is on the same level as IGU and tri sig. Also think aephi is a whole tier above chi o bc they are genuinely better.

By: Nah to the person above m
by: .Jun 16, 2016 9:15:12 AM

Only agree with your comment on aephi being above chi o, I don't see sk on kappas level yet although they may be in the future and I definitely think axo is above the bottom two

By: .
#3  by: Okay   

AXO is definitely above the bottom two...you can't lie and say they're not improving a lot. If anything sk is rising above kappa, sk is so much more approachable and values sisterhood which is really the point of a sorority, not just being "hot" and partying 24/7

By: Okay
by: Yep^Jun 16, 2016 10:21:40 AM

I agree with this so much more. AXO will never rise above the top of the bottom. SK is rising above kappa because people are finally starting to catch on to the fact that they just aren't nice

By: Yep^
by: UmJun 22, 2016 10:43:51 PM

I agree Sk isn't a prime example of a group of all genuinely nice girls but don't be so quick to defend kappa either. Girls in kappa have huge hostility between pledge classes and there are 3 very distinct groups between the whole sorority. Most of them express some sort of cattiness towards each other.

By: Um
by: TbhJul 14, 2016 10:40:52 PM

I'm going to be honest and say I'm a sister of kappa. I'm saying this because everyone seems to think we all hate each other, which is absolutely absurd. Any group of 90+ girls isn't going to be all over each other, but I must say, we actually have an incredibly close group of girls. These are the most supportive people I have ever met and if it's possible to have something better than this than alright. You win! Congrats!

By: Tbh
#4  by: Q   

Let's be honest, only frats that really matter are theta and pike

By: Q
#5  by: Ya   

Kappa sig is on the rise imo

By: Ya
#6  by: Projected   

At the end of the semester this is what I think it will look like (no ranks within tier just alphabetical)

Kappa/SK/SDT
Phi/XO
AXO/IGU/Tri Sig

AEPi/Theta/Pike
Phi Sig/TKE
Sig Ep/Kappa Sig/ZBT
Everyone else

By: Projected
by: Yeah... KindaJun 24, 2016 10:49:15 AM

Almost, except SDT is its own tier below kappa & SK.... Not quite there yet, but still miles ahead of phi & xo. I could see them moving up below SK on the top once kappa completes its fall from the top. AEPi has never been the top of the top & these days is on the same level as phi sig and tke. Otherwise pretty accurate.

By: Yeah... Kinda
by: Zoo MassJun 27, 2016 12:06:52 AM

I agree with this I think if you asked all the frats who they like better SK or SDT it would be pretty close to evenly split. And then with Kappa they are the type of girls where they are either your favorite or you don't like them at all. AEPi isn't better than Theta and Pike but still think they are above Phi Sig and TKE. Pike/Kappa, Theta/SK, and AEPi/SDT are pretty typical pairs i think its safe to say they all make up the top tier of umass Greek life.

By: Zoo Mass
by: yesJun 27, 2016 7:47:28 AM

definitely agree with the person above me, for all intents and purposes sk and sdt are pretty much equal. Aepi is below theta and pike but still above phi sig and tke. Sdt and aephi loving them so much helps, phi sig and tke don't have those close relationships with any particular sorority.

By: yes
by: ehhJun 27, 2016 4:20:22 PM

while i agree SDT is great chapter, they are still upper middle and there is a distinct different between them in and KKG and SK. they could easily rise into top tier, but just arent there yet. frats (except for aepi) dont like them as much as KKG and SK, but they would still be third choice. aepi is struggling remain relevant but have really fallen.

By: ehh
#7  by: sororitygirl perspective   

IGU: IGU is underrated. They have been stepping up their game, they love to party and their house has ZERO rules because its a local sorority not a national one (not a good thing or bad thing). Girls are mixed, it used to be full of weird chicks but they've gotten better. They mix with a lot of frats. IGU doesn't really compete with other sororities during rush. Like XO, IGU doesn't really have a "Style" or a certain frat as their go to.

TRI SIG: as for tri sig i dont know they the hell people are including them on their list because they dont even have members yet, therefore, there is no information to go off of.

By: sororitygirl perspective
by: WowJul 15, 2016 6:13:18 AM

Okay first off, I think you mixed up xo and Sk. Chi o is extremely preppy and has the strictest rules by far (due to a high national standard they have to uphold, not a bad thing). You were right about them caring a lot about school though. Also guys sleep at the sigma kappa and kappa houses. That wouldnt ever happen at chi o. Phi is also miles above Sdt, and much more chill than they are. Sdt is known for a very uptight hazing process.

By: Wow
#8  by: sororitygirl perspective   

Advice for recruitment: Each sorority at UMass has it's pro's and con's. However, one persons con can be another persons pro, which is why I said earlier they shouldnt be ranked. It all depends on the type of girl you are and college woman you want to be! Go into recruitment with an open mind and DON'T pick a sorority just because your freshman year friends are doing it, if you do that then you should've stayed in high school for another year. Branch out, meet new people and have fun with recruitment! Think about where you can see yourself sitting on a couch with no makeup on stuffing your face and just being yourself!

Over and out---

- sororitygirl

By: sororitygirl perspective
by: @LolJul 10, 2016 12:38:31 PM

Girl come on. the above poster said nothing bad about SK or any other chapter, from what she wrote she could be in any one of them. I'm also in a sorority here and I found the description of my chapter accurate, I think all of the descriptions will be helpful to PNMs who read them.

Bottom line, which SKs on here really need to understand: it's not always all about SK, and no one is out to get you.

By: @Lol
by: AlmostJul 10, 2016 4:54:13 PM

You probably shouldn't say a sorority competes for girls if you're tying to remain objective without ranking or biases.

By: Almost
by: HaJul 15, 2016 6:14:42 AM

No Sk would be stupid enough to write that post. Calm down.

By: Ha
#9  by: Lmao   

Chi o and sk should just fight

By: Lmao
by: LolJul 10, 2016 6:58:14 PM

Just like in ranking, it wouldn't even be a competition.

By: Lol
#10  by: You're a joke    

SK it's okay to admit that you feel threatened by these few posts. Why don't you just focus on being nicer people

By: You're a joke

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.