facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: ku8989

do houses genuinely care about campus involvement or just gpa/in house connections? do legacy status or recommendations matter?

Posted By: ku8989
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Suh dude   

It's all about who you know

By: Suh dude
by: who you knowJan 12, 2016 2:32:06 PM

Correct. A bad GPA or other negatives will be fixed by knowing girls already in the house. Sad but so true.

By: who you know
#2  by: Suh dude   

It's all about who you know

By: Suh dude
#3  by: disagree   

If you know a lot of girls, you might be pre-judged since actives have so little time to get to know you. But there are oos girls in every house who were chosen for their gpas and personalities.

By: disagree
#4  by: Addie   

Legacy/ recommendations will usually get you another invite to the next round of recruitment . That doesn't always guarantee a bid however as each house handles it differently .

By: Addie
#5  by: Very worried   

if you have a low GPA (like a 2.8 per say) but you have outstanding involvement and lots of recs will you be fine during rush? I have over 700 hours of community service and i'm involved in over 5 clubs. I am hoping for AXO or KD...

By: Very worried
by: too lowJan 18, 2016 9:08:29 AM

you won't be getting many invites with that GPA. Better to sit out a year and get a great GPA freshman year and make friends with actives in the houses (not just AXO or KD but ALL the houses). You are competing with other freshmen who have as much community service (or more) plus other activities and much higher GPAs than a 2.8 PER SE (not "say").

By: too low
by: gpaJan 18, 2016 2:57:23 PM

2.8 will not get you either one of those houses. They are both strict on GPA. However, you could get DG or DDD or AGD or even Pi Phi (since their standards have dropped so low as of late). But like the first response, who you know will greatly increase your odds. You could always rush freshman year and if it didn't work out for you just don't accept a bid and then try again sophomore year and try and improve your GPA.

By: gpa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.