facebook

why o why chi o?

by: A Fan

Chi O has the best grades, house and location on campus. Not only are they KU's top sorority but one of the country's best. Every year they have the pick of the PNMs and end up with some really smart, beautiful and fun girls.

So Why O Why do they settle on so many dogs every year and walk from some many beautiful legacy girls with fairly good grades. I did a drive by Saturday while they were all out in their fountain and could not believe my eyes.

Posted By: A Fan
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 20/20   

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

By: 20/20
#2  by: ?   

They're the top house as you acknowledge. But then you say they're filled with dogs? I don't see how they could be both.

By: ?
by: its the houseAug 26, 2015 4:27:17 PM

"Top house" based only on location and building. It's rare a sorority has such an amazing home. BUT it stops there. Like the original poster said, they do not get cute girls. A very rare cute one, but most girls are turned off by the women of Chio. So stuck up and conceited and attitudes and personality of a pile of bricks. Seriously, if the girls lived in AGD's house the AGD girls would rank above them.

By: its the house
by: ^ It's the HouseAug 26, 2015 11:29:34 PM

I did not say they're filled with dogs. ChiO has a lot of first class girls. However, their new class, like the 3 classes before, has about a half dozen "not pretty or attractive" girls. Over the past few years, I've known of girls ever year that was a ChiO legacy with ok (about 3.3 HS GPAs) that got cut.

I don't get why ChiO places so much emphasis on grade that leads them to pick a straight A fun girl but a "dog" over a "3.3 Legacy Fun Beauty."

By: ^ It's the House
by: answerAug 27, 2015 1:39:59 AM

Because as a house they're not as shallow as you appear to be. They must look deeper than skin only.... You should try it.

By: answer
#3  by: Agree   

Totally agree. ChiO can get just about any PNM they want. Most are great choices but they do make some really bad decisions on who the take and cut. A girls looks seems to be the last thing considered and gpa rules everything.

By: Agree
by: ^^^Aug 28, 2015 12:28:58 AM

Shallow, shallow, shallow...

By: ^^^
by: Ha HaAug 28, 2015 11:43:58 AM

Some of those Chi O girls will NEVER get a chance to swallow.

By: Ha Ha
by: No ChiOAug 28, 2015 4:20:59 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but I cut Chio first round. Sure the house was beautiful, but the girls were not friendly, they had an air of superiority, and so out of touch with the real world. Not every PNM is blown away with the house enough to get past 1st round.

By: No ChiO
by: sorry^^^Sep 1, 2015 4:31:50 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the reason they weren't friendly to you was to let you down easy because they already knew they were going to cut you. You can't cut them because they're not issuing you an invitation, dear.

By: sorry^^^
by: ^^Sep 2, 2015 4:17:25 PM

Sorry psycho but I had a 4.2 in HS with a 34 ACT and was very active and on the dance team. I have a ton of friends, but I didn't come from Johnson County. I will never know if they asked me back but does it matter since I cut them first day? No it doesn't, because I wanted nothing to do with girls that are pretentious a s s h o l e s. Sorry the truth hurts ChiO but hey keep doing you and keep telling yourself some warped truth.

By: ^^
by: ^^Sep 2, 2015 8:07:25 PM

lol at the fact you have to say you have a ton of friends...

By: ^^
by: lolSep 2, 2015 9:01:10 PM

Well doesn't Chio insist you be well rounded and expect you to have a ton of friends? I'm sure you have none sorry this post makes you so bitter.

By: lol
by: @^^Sep 16, 2015 9:16:11 PM

So you knew that everyone in the Chi O house were "pretentious a s s h o l e s" after a 20 minute party? Wow. Your ability to assess 250 personalities in 20 minutes is uncanny. I certainly house you didn't make any assumptions or listen to any gossip and base your decisions on that.

By: @^^
#4  by: Congratulations Chi O!   

WOW...Chi O .... tops all Sororities with a 3.57 for Spring '15! The 3.32 average for All Sorority is great but light years behind Chi O. That is second with an amazing 3.52 but the gap between #1 and #2 widened.

I agree with the original post that Chi O is KU's top house where GPA rules over all everything (especially looks, legacy and community service). Regardless 3.57 is truly amazing.

By: Congratulations Chi O!
by: ^Sep 20, 2015 11:23:45 AM

Especially when they're known to do a lot of dirty deeds to get that GPA on paper. LOL

By: ^
by: What a shameSep 20, 2015 7:16:58 PM

Too bad they aren't a well rounded sorority, just top in grades.

By: What a shame
by: YESSep 20, 2015 9:17:21 PM

ChiO's 3.57 is amazing, as is Theta's 3.52. It's pretty clear those our KU's top houses. It's hard to knock their selection process because most or all of those girls that are not so easy on the eyes (3 out of 10) have great personalities and fun to be with in addition to near 4.0. Community service type things are not what ChiOs do.

By: YES
by: oh my chio so sadSep 21, 2015 1:24:33 PM

I guess it depends on what you value. If all you value is grades Chio is for you, if you value philanthropy or looks or sisterhood or friendliness you need to pick another house. Being a one dimensional house does not make you a top house.

By: oh my chio so sad
#5  by: Shhh   

You all need to get a life. Chi O is the best sorority on campus. And has been for years.

By: Shhh
by: lolSep 22, 2015 11:50:07 AM

"for grades" and house location. That's it!! You don't have better girls in any way. Your girls are average. Get that through your head chio!

By: lol
#6  by: congratulations    

Congratulations to Chi O and Theta for taking women of substance and realizing that "beauty" fades but personality and intelligence are there for a lifetime. Other houses would be better off if they followed the lead of those houses. The ones that recruit for girls to make the fraternities like them are just sad.

By: congratulations
#7  by: Top House   

I agree with nearly every objective person that XO is KU's top greek house (frat or sorority) and they know it. They have an amazing house and some incredibly smart girls. I also agree with several of the other comments that XO girls are so locked into grades they overlook philanthropy and looks. They tend to select narcissistic unattractive girls.

By: Top House
#8  by: please   

Stop arguing with the DG AND THETA. They are really members of greek rank. They have their own agenda to promote their sorority and not promote greek unity . The more you add to this site and click thumbs up or down the more money they get. This site does not want everyone to get along or they make less money. Please just support one another

By: please

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.