facebook

grades

by: Plz reply

If my high school gpa was like a 2.9-3.0 ish do you think I'll still get into a sorority?

Posted By: Plz reply
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: y   

yes but you might not get into one of the top houses you desire.

By: y
#2  by: grades   

Houses at KU are pretty competitive as far as GPA, so a house with a high GPA most likely won't want you to bring the average down. You'll most likely get one of the lower houses, check the listing on here of grade ranks, and focus on the ones in the bottom half. Unless you have a good friend in a house you will be limited to the houses with the lower GPA's. 3.0 in high school is not very good, as it takes a lot more work to get that same GPA in college. You're a grade risk right off the bat, so take that into consideration.

By: grades
by: Short sightedAug 3, 2015 3:05:24 PM

Not too smart if they cut based just on GPA. Probably should check the strength of high school attended first. If a high school is large and has 100% of it's kids headed to college, I can promise you it is more rigorous than a small rural school that sends only a portion of kids to college. Harder the high school, harder it is to gave a high gpa. Kids from academically challenging schools with average gpa will most likely thrive at kansas and contribute to raising the gpa

By: Short sighted
#3  by: Reality   

You will be cut from Chi O, Theta, GPhi, KD, AXO and probably Pi Phi and Kappa.

By: Reality
by: gpaJul 28, 2015 6:54:57 PM

Not Pi Phi, they took girls last year who had lower than 3.0, but then again, they had friends in the house, so in that case who you know is more important than GPA.

By: gpa
by: gpaAug 4, 2015 1:40:10 PM

And ADPi. Cut is 3.0 there

By: gpa
#4  by: ku   

I went into recruitment with a low highschool GPA. I got asked back by houses that I thought would cut me right away because I was a grade risk and I had zero connections to any house, my GPA definitely had a lot to do with my rush experience but I ended up in a house that I love! Good luck!

By: ku
by: ^^^^^Aug 5, 2015 6:51:38 PM

it can be done

By: ^^^^^
#5  by: rush   

Here's an idea if you're really worried about GPA and house you get. Skip rush freshman year, and rush sophomore year when you have friends in the house that can get you in. Who you know is way more important than GPA, at least after the 1st year

By: rush
#6  by: Ku    

You should be fine! I had a 3.1 and got in one!

By: Ku

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.