facebook

transfering from miz to ku

by: HELP

Would I still get bids from fraternities if I go to Mizzou for a semester and then transfer? I know they are rival schools and that's what concerns me.
My parents want me to go to MU but I'm starting to want to back out. I would be transferring as a freshman 2nd semester. My GPA is 4.0

Posted By: HELP
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Frat man do   

Bottom feeders like AKL or PIKE woukd probably take you

By: Frat man do
by: PIKEJul 26, 2015 2:47:45 AM

Well considering every man interested in joining a house is technically a GDI your statement makes no sense

By: PIKE
by: LosersAug 11, 2015 1:54:48 PM

They are so strange and pathetic wanna be's

By: Losers
#2  by: ku   

You really need to contact the recruitment chairs for each frat. Go to the ifc website for names and contact info. Good luck! I'm glad you came to your senses. Don't listen to "frat man do" he's wrong about those houses.

By: ku
by: No wayJul 25, 2015 8:34:11 PM

No he's correct

By: No way
by: RCJHJul 25, 2015 9:11:16 PM

No self respecting sorority girl will hang with them

By: RCJH
by: PIKEJul 26, 2015 2:46:46 AM

Not true, PIKE has a lot of hot guys, they just need to get out more and make a presence. It's unfortunate they don't have a house, it does hurt them

By: PIKE
by: @All Yall In This ThreadJul 26, 2015 2:44:40 PM

And it's sooooooo wrong...

By: @All Yall In This Thread
#3  by: Miz Student   

So basically what you guys are saying is that no middle to top houses would bid me solely because I went to Miz for a semester? I didn't realize the rivalry was still that strong. Greek life blows at Mizzou

By: Miz Student
by: @Miz StudentJul 25, 2015 7:19:06 PM

First off, I wanna send my condolences for being condemned to a hellhole like Mizzou. I'll pour one out for ya when I get a chance.

Anyway, the "top" fraternities often have their pledge classes signed waaaay ahead of time, meaning that even if you did it right and went through formal recruitment you still probably woudn't get a "top" chapter. It's no disrespect to you, they just don't leave a lot of spots open for anyone to fill, so it'd be more about who you knew before committing to KU than where you went before KU.
However, if you email rush chairs and find plugs into the chapters you like, you'll still get a decent house. I went through informal rush my sophomore year and still got entertained by "middle" (and "lower-middle") tier houses (like Pi Kapp, SNu, and ATO) so you're not out of luck, though the newest and "lowest" tier fraternities (like AKL, PIKE, etc) will be quicker to give you a bid to make numbers. Just remember to keep in mind that the tier system is stupid. It's way more important to find your niche because at the end of the day, we all party, we all have GPA requirements, and we all have flaws. The only real issue would be whether or not you wanted to live in a chapter facility, in which case you would have to rule out about 7 IFC chapters if you did. Hope that helps

By: @Miz Student
by: no top housesJul 26, 2015 10:53:11 AM

It's the same for sororities, who you know is WAY more important than who you are. Sad but true. That being said, the houses that are generally considered "top" houses have no basis. They guys aren't necessarily hotter or smarter or more social, it's just that they are WAY more cliquish with who they hang out with.They only hang out with and pair with certain sororities.
Does that make them a top house? I don't think so. All the frats have awesome fun guys, and actually the ones who aren't exclusive and who hang out with everyone generally do have a lot more fun in the long run. They are more social, more open, become much more rounded and fun individuals after they graduate, with more connections, and a ton more friends.
So don't get stuck on wanting a "top" house, because they only exist in the minds of their members. No one else really thinks they are better.

By: no top houses
by: GreekJul 26, 2015 11:22:06 AM

That's simply not true.it would be embarrassing to be seen at bottom feeder frats

By: Greek
#4  by: to OP   

After reading some of these egotistical comments are you sure you even want to join a frat at KU? Ew

By: to OP
by: YesJul 29, 2015 6:23:58 PM

As long as it wasn't one of these bottom feeder frats

By: Yes
by: WeirdAug 4, 2015 8:50:25 PM

They ^^are a strange bunch of guys.

By: Weird
by: Embarrassed Aug 5, 2015 8:47:32 PM

For sure!! They are strange and the girls that hang there are even stranger! I'm embarrassed to say I went there once^^

By: Embarrassed
by: Me tooAug 5, 2015 9:45:31 PM

The guys seem desperate

By: Me too
by: Try hardsAug 11, 2015 4:42:41 PM

I feel like they weren't popular in high school so came to KU and joined the only frat that would take them. They are try hards which makes them look desperate.

By: Try hards

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.