facebook

rush

by: Incoming frosh

I'll be a freshman in the fall and am an AXO legacy. Wondering what their reputation is like here, have heard some not so good things.

Posted By: Incoming frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: axo   

AXO's are chill. A good solid choice.

By: axo
#2  by: ....   

I know a lot of girls from this house that drop before they get initiated. They say it's kind of clique-y on the inside, but I can't speak to that since I'm not an AXO. From what I know, they're fairly social and nice.

By: ....
#3  by: Prospect   

How strict is the Panhellenic association on the minimum GPA requirement in order to participate in rush?

By: Prospect
by: rushMay 4, 2015 11:13:14 PM

I can't remember the exact number but if you go to their KU site it tells you. Recruitment registration just started. There is an "official" GPA and an unofficial one depending on the house, although it seems some houses are relaxing that "unofficial" GPA a little, based on some of this past years pledge classes

By: rush
#4  by: go greek   

AXO is a pretty well rounded sorority

By: go greek
#5  by: oh my gosh   

Don't look for information on this website. You'll only get half truths and rumors. Go through recruitment and decide for yourself. Or ask an AXO that you trust from your high school.

By: oh my gosh
by: ThanksMay 5, 2015 10:04:48 PM

Everybody has been so kind, great to know if I call AXO my home I'm with a very well liked, solid sorority. Thanks guys!!!!!

By: Thanks
#6  by: Prospect   

So if the minimum requirement to be able to participate in Rush is a 3.0 for incoming freshman and I have a 2.9 GPA on a 4.0 scale will the Panhellenic assiociation not let me rush at all?

by: gpaMay 6, 2015 10:58:30 AM

Panhellenic will warn you about rushing with a lower GPA but you can still rush.

By: gpa
by: hum...May 6, 2015 11:57:50 AM

You are likely to be released by most of the houses because all houses are judged on grades and most don't want a grade risk. If everything else about you is perfect and houses really want you some house might take a risk and offer you a bid. But maybe take a college summer course and add that to your application/resume.

By: hum...
by: actuallyMay 10, 2015 12:58:19 AM

This is NOT true if you have the right friends or "connections". You can get in any house by whom you know. Take Pi Phi for example, they have some of the dumbest freshman in their house history only because they preffed a bunch of friends. Their fall GPA had a huge drop which shouldn't have surprised anyone.

By: actually
#7  by: Prospect   

Thanks so much guys this was extremely helpful. Unfortunately I didn't do well my freshman year of high school but I redeemed myself as much as possible, I have a 3.6 weighted GPA but that's on a 5.0 scale & my 2.9 is on a 3.0.

by: ???May 8, 2015 4:55:33 AM

why would you want to be an Alpha Chi Omega?

By: ???
#8  by: Nah   

Low average sorority, keep on your pref list just to be safe if you want. But so many better sororities. These girls are wannabes and have kind of a dirty reputation. Try Theta, Gamma Phi, DG or Pi Phi before you settle for AXO.

By: Nah
#9  by: RockChalk   

They are very stuck up and think way too highly of themselves. I know a lot of girls that drop because they can't handle the snobby-ness of them and because they have too many cliques. Go anywhere else but here and AGD

By: RockChalk
by: AgreeMay 9, 2015 6:48:42 PM

It's funny because they think they are really hot, but they actually aren't. Some really big egos, not sure why. Most girls were rejected from the better sororities. Some really weird girls, especially the freshman class. Guys do hit on them, but it's because they are a sure thing,and usually as a last resort. Best of luck to you.

By: Agree
#10  by: greek   

Well, I've always liked AXO, they're all fairly smart and down to earth if you ask me. If you're a legacy, I would recommend giving them a look. Altogether, I personally like Thetas, AXO's and Sigma Kappas the best.

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.