facebook

rush

by: KU

We should be focusing on the PNMs right now. If y'all have any questions about rush / clothes / move in, feel free to ask.

Posted By: KU
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: :)   

What houses rely on recs the most or consider them more than others?

By: :)
#12  by: ?!   

Hi I was wondering if we can have purses during recruitment and if so, do we keep them with us when we are in the house visiting with other women??

By: ?!
by: hiAug 7, 2014 10:21:08 PM

Panhellenic gave us all bags last year, and we just left them on the lawn.

By: hi
#13  by: Rush    

You can only have plastic see through bags! And no you leave them on the lawn!!

By: Rush
#14  by: rush   

The bags were not plastic see through they were pink clothlike drawstring bags that you couldn't see through. But you probably don't need a purse since the bag last year was good sized.

Remember you will be completely without your phone the entire day till each day is over, so warn your family that you can't return calls and texts till late at night. I was at first freaked out about that but it's actually a good thing

By: rush
#15  by: Rush   

What are conversation points to avoid while talking to a member and what are points to make to make a good impression on the member?

by: heyAug 8, 2014 10:49:00 PM

Don't talk about the three B's: Boys, Bars, Booze. Those are the main things.

I would also say that you can compliment them on clothes and the house, but don't let that be the conversation. This year, Panhellenic wants everyone to really get to know eachother. We want to hear about your childhood, your goals, your dreams, and who you really are. That's much more important and makes a better impression than a conversation about Tory Burch shoes.

By: hey
by: wellAug 8, 2014 11:16:41 PM

^^unless you're talking to PiPhi or GPhi, then by all means discuss designers

By: well
by: no?Aug 9, 2014 1:47:58 AM

Who are you trying to kid? None of the "top" houses care about your childhood, goals, or dreams, or who you really are. They care about money, and yes designers, and who your best friend is in the house, what high school you went to, stuff like that

By: no?
#16  by: Rush   

What counts as having alcohol in a picture? Is it just having a solo cup or...?

#17  by: PNM   

Will I stick out if I wear a maxi dress for second invitationals? And will I be judged if I'm overweight?

By: PNM
by: PNMAug 12, 2014 3:31:11 PM

A maxi dress is ok to wear. If you are overweight a lot, I suggest a diet and exercise.

by: Truth Aug 12, 2014 4:04:44 PM

Nah it's cool you'll just end up in adpi or agd

By: Truth
#18  by: rush   

what shoes to wear during the first few days of recruitment? are sperrys/birks acceptable or stick to sandals first 2 days?

By: rush
by: shoesAug 14, 2014 7:50:34 AM

Those are totally fine, I wore Sperrys for the first two days. There's a lot of walking so you want to be comfortable! I wore wedge sandals for 3rd day and heels for pref.

By: shoes
#19  by: PNM   

Is a strapless dress for pref day okay?

by: to PNMAug 14, 2014 4:51:38 PM

Yes a strapless dress for pref day is ok. I wore one with a necklace and good shows. I knew I was going to what many considered a top house and wanted to look my best but not overdue it. The night before, I tired on every outfit and combination I owned but didn't make up my mind till leaving the dorm.

By: to PNM
#20  by: Gotcha   

Do girls get bids either gpas under 3.0? Which houses?

By: Gotcha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.