facebook

Out of state girls

by: OOS

How difficult is it for out of state girls with no connections to get a house? I’m an incoming freshman and part of the honors college but have no connections with anyone at KU yet. Is it worth rushing as a freshman or should I wait until I meet people and rush next year?

Posted By: OOS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: xo   

You can get into a house without connections

By: xo
#2  by: out of state   

as someone who rushed as an out of state girl, it is definitely possible to make good connections and get a bid to the house that you want without being from kansas/johnson county. to your point, it can be hard at times when you feel like everyone knows each other from high school, however there is a mix of in state and out of state girls in every chapter and you will find your people! just be yourself and go through the process with an open mind! :)

By: out of state
#3  by: alumna    

Not going to lie it’s VERY DIFFICULT. I always felt like I had amazing conversations and girls with promissory comments to me and then I’d got dropped just to find out like 90% of their pledge class went to the same high school/district. You’ll very likely never get into a “top tier” and it’s Bull and doesn’t matter anyways. The “middle” and “low” tier houses happen to be mostly the out of state girls anyways and they still all have a great time and mostly the same social events. You’ll meet other girls and guys regardless. The quicker you can get over the “tiers” the better your life will be. No one matters what “tier” sorority you were in once you’re out of college.

By: alumna
by: OOSAug 16, 2023 1:17:21 PM

Thank you. You were right. Cuts were brutal. I still have 4 houses left and hopefully I keep those but they are considered “bottom or mid” tier houses. I like 2 of them so hoping I can keep them despite not having connections. It’s not for the weak.

By: OOS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.