facebook

formal recruitment and juniors?

by: sororityty

I transferred into Tech as a junior, and I'm afraid that I will get dropped from a lot of houses because of that. My worry is that since recruitment is in a few days (so it's in the spring), I'm technically a junior in my second semester, and I don't want any of the sororities to pass on me because I'm almost a senior. Do juniors typically gets bids often, especially with formal recruitment in the spring? Thank y'all so much!

Posted By: sororityty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

Sororities are typically looking for freshman and sophomores but juniors are still considered! My new member class had two juniors

By: ...
by: sororitytyJan 5, 2016 4:23:42 PM

Well that is good to here! Did a lot of juniors get dropped during your recruitment? Also, because I'm working a job this semester, I'll probably end up at tech an extra semester (five year plan lol) so would this be seen as a good thing to the sororities??

By: sororityty
by: You'll be fineJan 8, 2016 10:15:44 AM

My sorority took one junior last year and I know at least 3 girls that got into dg as juniors last year so I wouldn't worry about it

By: You'll be fine
by: sororitytyJan 8, 2016 11:22:49 AM

@ you'll be fine - do you know how many juniors typically rush? My worry is that if a lot of juniors rush, and only a few get picked, I may not have very good chances... But if very few rush, like say 10-15, I may have better chances.

By: sororityty
by: To answer your question..Jan 8, 2016 3:22:54 PM

I think someone said this already but juniors don't count towards quota so you have a better chance than sophomores rushing because they still count. This means a sorority can take as many juniors as they want and still have room for freshman. And the more people they take the more money that comes in for dues so that helps the sorority in the long run.

By: To answer your question..
#2  by: sorority101   

Juniors don't count for the numbers for most sororties so unless they're absolutely in love with you and just want an extra, then yeah it definitely doesn't work in your favor. But if you mention you'll be here longer that might help you out.

By: sorority101
#3  by: Transfer Student   

i transferred here as a junior and rushed as a junior last year. Yes, some houses may drop you -- but I ended up exactly where I wanted to be! Just keep an open mind throughout, and don't get your heart set on one. It always works out in the end.

By: Transfer Student

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.