facebook

a letter to pnm's

by: a greek lady

I want to take advantage of using this site to talk to girl's rushing next month. I am in a Greek organization, maybe top tier, maybe bottom tier, maybe somewhere in the middle. But guest what, who cares?! I love my organization and I am very proud to wear my letters.

I don't believe PNM's should look on this site because it skews your decisions during recruitment, whether you believe it or not. It turns into trying to escape the bottom tiers and into just trying to see if you are good enough, or pretty enough, for that top tier sorority to show all of your friends at home and at tech that you are popular. But, being in a sorority is so much more than trying to be good enough.

Look at each of these sororities nationally. Some are very strong with great alumni connections. Remember, when you join a Greek organization, it is for more that your college years, it is a lifetime. If you are joining and/or not joining a chapter based on popularity, that is your loss. Each chapter has values and mission statements... look at those. See where you best fit outside of the Virginia Tech chapter reputations and look to see where nationally, you fit in best. Wherever you go after college, you will meet ladies of your chapter, think what type of person you want to be and your friends to be.

If you are someone so insecure about "popularity" then you aren't joining a sorority for the right reasons.

Good luck to all you PNMs! <3

Posted By: a greek lady
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: Love   

This is perfect. Coming from someone who was popular in high school but joined a lower tier sorority, the tier rankings really do not matter and being in a bottom tier does not mean you're not good enough. My sisters are awesome people and help me grow as a person and that's all that matters. Also pnms remember to be respectful to the girls you talk to during recruitment because word gets around. I had a number of girls last year that were completely rude to me because of the ranking of my sorority and it just showed what kind of person they were.

By: Love
by: OPDec 15, 2015 11:26:06 PM

Thanks! 😊 and yes your words are very true as well. Girls need to realize once they stop treating a chapter as bottom tier, it won't be. I've gotta say, "bottom tier" girls are the nicest, most genuine ladies I know who happen to mostly be drop dead gorgeous as well. Like ya they might have some overweight girls but it's not a bad thing to be inclusive to awesome girls with great character who bring so much into the sisterhood 💙

By: OP
by: truthDec 19, 2015 10:25:29 PM

It would be helpful if you would quit referring to tiers -- this implies that you thing some sororities are better than others. All the sororities have great women and something to offer new members!

By: truth
#2  by: Greekhokie   

I really just want to keep this on the front of the discussion. Bump.

By: Greekhokie
#3  by: bump   

bump. Everything else on here is irrelevant.

By: bump
#4  by: ^   

This

By: ^
#5  by: THIS   

so many girls in my rho gam group were always talking about tiers and basically terrified of being on the "bottom". That's super toxic thinking and most of them dropped because of their crazy expectations. I ended up in a "middle" or "bottom" tier sorority, but it was my first choice after philanthropy and sisterhood rounds.
YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN A "TOP TIER" TO BE HAPPY
I've been told that the only people that care about the tiered system are the top sororitys.
We still have socials with top, middle, and bottom frats and they're all fun!!!

By: THIS
#6  by: PLEASE READ PNMS!   

listen to thisssss

By: PLEASE READ PNMS!
#7  by: yurp   

I ranked a "bottom" tier during pref over the "top" tier sorority because I decided that it was a better fit with girls I clicked with more, best decision I've made. definitely decide by where you fit that it feels natural opposed to what makes you feel intimidated.

By: yurp
#8  by: thanks   

I'm always pointing out the importance that you are joining for life! A lot of PNMs don't consider the national reputations of sororities. A lot of "top tier" sorority at VT are not as well respected on a national level, and vice versa.

By: thanks
#9  by: lol   

lol at anyone down-voting comments on this, literally nothing about this post not to like

By: lol
#10  by: bump   

let's keep this on top!

By: bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.