facebook

how hard is it to rush a sorority at uconn?

by: lilyrs

Hi!

I was wondering what rushing at UConn was like? Do they really care about your grades, how you look, etc. Also, what happens during rush? I noticed that it was only over a span of 4 days for the upcoming fall recruitment. And also, do NPMs have to get letters of recommendations for recruitment? Please give me any tips! Thank you!

Posted By: lilyrs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Recruitment    

You do not need recommendations!! However, if a family member or close friend is an alumn it certainly cannot hurt.

Recruitment is pretty relaxed here. You definitely want to pull yourself together but the first two days most girls just wear jeans and a nice top! The next two days, you should wear a skirt or dress.

Grades are important! OFSL publishes the average gpa of the chapter online, so take a look at that. It truly does show that all organizations take pride in their academics and they obviously want a new member who can reflect their values.

As for the schedule, your recruitment counselor will give you the breakdown of how it works the first day. Recruitment sounds really intimidating, but it really is such a fun experience! Good luck!

By: Recruitment
#2  by: thank you!   

thank you! do all the girls that rush usually get a bid? or is it quite competitive? i'm worried that receiving bids will be hard

By: thank you!
#3  by: truth   

If you go to every party on every day of recruitment, you will 100% get a bid from somewhere.

Just go in with an open mind, and you'll find your home :)

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.