facebook

sophomore rush

by: soph

I rushed this past fall, accepted a bid, and then depleged (for personal reasons). However, now I'm thinking about trying to branch out next year and I really want to re-rush. Because I depleged will I not have any chances? What can I do to maximize my chances given this situation?

Posted By: soph
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: patience   

sorority or frat?

By: patience
by: sophApr 24, 2017 6:32:16 PM

sorority

By: soph
#2  by: Max the Mouse   

Your chances will decrease in the case of houses who have the policy of once cut, always cut during recruitment. These homes (and you will never know which ones so please do not ask) make your list of possibilities shorter but not entirely impossible.

Hopefully you have kept a high GPA and enjoy a good overall social rep on campus. Your finances should also be ready for the commitment.

Prepare and practice a short and simple explanation for those who may inquire of your past sorority membership, making sure you never bad-mouth your former group. Prepare a second valid explanation for women of the very home you dropped, as they especially might inquire. Never dwell on the past, and have a smooth/positive segue convo ready if someone tries to pin you down about it.

As you are aware from prior rush KEEPING AN OPEN MIND is absolutely imperative. Follow all recruitment rules and policies to the letter for your best percentage shot at another bid. You already know it only takes one bid to belong, and here's hoping a second bid in is your future.

By: Max the Mouse

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.