facebook

sororities

by:    

I am a freshman interested in rushing next year as a sophomore and I was curious as to what are the general stereotypes are for the sororities on campus. I really do not want any bashing but info as to the partiers, involvement, attitudes, philanthropy dedication, that kind of stuff. Thanks!

Posted By: Newbie
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

All sororities are filled with great girls who love each other and their philanthropies. You cannot go wrong with any of the sororities on UC. You will learn more about the different sororities when you go through rush! Make sure you don't listen to the negative comments here, no sorority is bad.

By: UC
#2by:    

Yay for deciding to go through recruitment! I also went through as a sophomore so I can really relate to how you feel. Like UC said, all of the chapters at UC have really strong sisterhoods and they are all really dedicated to their philanthropies and going to other chapters philanthropy events.
While all chapters have their super involved girls, some chapters tend to be involved more out side of greek life than others. I'm pretty involved on campus and I tend to see the most KD's, Theta's, and Chi O's. Phi Mu's brand new though so they might just not have the network of sisters in literally every campus group like the ones I mentioned do.
As for the rest - every chapter is pretty much the same! Every house has their groups of party girls and scholarly girls. Many girls are even both! You'll find the girls with the right mix of scholarly, fun loving, and involved no matter where you go.

Don't forget to keep an open mind during recruitment and you'll find the house that fits you best. Also important - don't talk about the 5 B's during Recruitment. Those being: Boys, Booze, Bank, Barack, and Bible. Your Rho Gamma will go over most of this with you as well!

By: panhell_love
#3by:    

not matter who you talk to, every sorority has there strong side and negative sides. it all depends on who you talk to. overall, i'd say there's not much "competition" between sororities either. you really can't go wrong! greeks always do it better, no matter what the letter!!!!!

By: YAY

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.