facebook

why are so many sig chi pledges dropping?

by: The Questions

A buncha my friends are pledging now and I wanted to rush next quarter but does anyone know why they've had so many kids drop (5 or 6 out of 20+)? It seems like they have fun but some of the droppers seem cool so what's going on here?

Posted By: The Questions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: friend of guy who dropped   

He said that there were a lot of internal problems and cliquey-ness with the fraternity. Plus some of the pledges are pretty mean to each other...not a great environment for pledging. Most seemed more interested in trying to act "cool" than actually being good guys and good brothers.

By: friend of guy who dropped
by: The QuestionsDec 1, 2015 12:36:44 PM

But on that note, some of the guys who dropped seemed to be of the "top tier" mindset and seem to be concerned with coolness. Isn't sig chi the best house, followed by psi and du?

By: The Questions
#2  by: By the numbers   

I think four of twenty something dropped. I don't know who decided to drop vs. who Sig Chi dropped.

The one I'm friends with will probably pledge Sig Chi again in the winter. He just was too busy for fall rush. One was a second year, so he's probably not rushing anywhere else. But yea I'm sure the remaining two will rush other places.

It's weird for Sig Chi, they haven't really had a problem with this before. DU had the most kids drop last year.

By: By the numbers
by: OPDec 1, 2015 11:33:29 PM

That makes sense. But people are now telling me that people drop Sigma Chi historically to join elsewhere whereas the Psi U and DU drops were all pledge process related

By: OP
#3  by: tayytaaa   

to be fair only 4 out of 22 dropped. From what I heard 2 of those were bad fits for the frat and the other 2 had personal problems that prevented them from pledging

By: tayytaaa
by: 2019Dec 24, 2015 1:05:50 AM

can confirm that a few of the drops are rushing psi and du

By: 2019
#4  by: Actually   

Tayytaaaa has it right, but only 1 is rushing another fraternity. Sigma Chi had a 100% acceptance rate for bids which was unique among all the fraternities. The comment about cliqueiness and nastiness isn't true. The bottom line is that Phi Delt has it out for Sigma Chi because Sigma Chi isn't struggling as much as they are so they post on here.

By: Actually
#5  by: Actually actually    

Psi U had all 12/12 accept on the spot and du had all 14/14 accept on the spot as well. It's not unique, only phi delt can't do it haha. I agree with 2019 and know of more than one rushing elsewhere so maybe the "personal problems preventing them from pledging" were a farce.

By: Actually actually
by: shaps_for_student_govDec 26, 2015 8:16:38 PM

this might be a stupid question, but do you know how many people they turned away? which would you say was the most "selective" fraternity. also, i know of 1/2 guys who left sig chi for du because "it was a bitter fit".

By: shaps_for_student_gov
by: lolJan 1, 2016 11:17:59 AM

DU has at most 9 pledges and have defiantly had kids drop. Stop self rating Amay.

By: lol
#6  by: Actually actually   

Hard to say. No fraternity is "the most selective" I think. For the top two it really just depends if you're part of that mold or not. Like some dweeby athletes and internationals get into psi and some dweeby rich prep school kids get into du. But both are still harder to get bids from than sig chi or phi delt.

By: Actually actually
#7  by: confused   

wait...i thought du was exclusively dweeby rich prep school kids?

By: confused
#8  by: Nilla Wafer Enthusiast    

Wow I do like Nilla Wafers!

By: Nilla Wafer Enthusiast
by: Shut upJan 9, 2016 6:06:48 PM

dude shut up Nilla Wafers suck

By: Shut up
#9  by: Lol   

Why do you people even care about this?

By: Lol
#10  by: lol   

great job reporting all negative posts, sig chi

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.