facebook

rush

by: Hi

Which sororities don't take juniors for fall rush?

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bear   

none..

By: bear
by: RushMar 8, 2015 10:46:25 PM

Some houses cut juniors, it's tougher in the top houses like pi phi and kappa I think

By: Rush
by: NoMar 9, 2015 12:16:21 AM

Pi Phi and Kappa take juniors every fall, but not more than 2 or 3.

By: No
#2  by: Anne   

Juniors are on a different quota, but houses aren't required to take them. They just /can/ take them and not lose a spot for a freshman. So some houses take very few, but to my knowledge they all take some. A junior transfer will probably have a better chance than a junior that was here the whole time.

By: Anne
by: HmmMar 9, 2015 12:56:07 AM

Wait why would a transfer have a higher chance? In my house we end up taking girls who have been here because they tend to have friends in houses. But transfer or not I believe isn't a huge diff.

By: Hmm
by: Anne Mar 9, 2015 1:34:11 AM

Probably differs between houses, but my house tends to think that transfers deserve a clean slate shot, where juniors who've been here but are waiting till now to rush might not be as likely to be highly contributing members. It doesn't matter much, but that's the attitude that I've heard expressed.

By: Anne
by: LolMar 9, 2015 3:08:14 AM

What kind of logic is that? You can't tell potential contribution from whether or not someone is a transfer. There could be a number of reasons why someone would wait until junior year to rush. A transfer could just as easily not contribute because she is not familiar with the school and doesn't want to get in too deep so fast. Especially with the politics of sorority life.

By: Lol
by: LolMar 9, 2015 3:18:51 AM

& don't pull out the "initiative" card.... how a transfer wanting to rush immediately means she takes social initiative so she will be more heavily involved, while a current student waiting to rush means she doesn't have social initiative. For all we know, the current student could have already had a vibrant social life while at Berkeley, possibly outside of Greek life. Reasons someone would wait until junior year could be financial (save enough money to join Greek life...which is HUGE initiative) or academic (the major they want to declare could be competitive like Haas, or has strict grade requirements like math and CS)

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.