facebook

deactivation rate of sisters?

by: eeyore

i know that the top houses will have quota met every rush and thus huge pledge classes, while the mid and bottom tier ones not so much. but what really matters to me is not the pledge class size in the first year, but in the last year when most of the sisters are seniors and graduate. what is the deactivation rate of the sororities at berkeley?

Posted By: eeyore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greek   

i dont know about other houses, but TriDelt has the biggest drop-out rate. thats why they get such big fall pledge classes, because so many new mems deactivate or drop before initiation.

Alpha Phi also has really bad retention rates because they put on such a front during recruitment, so when new mems realize what the house is actually like they drop.

By: greek
by: noobieMay 28, 2014 5:05:18 PM

what's the pledge timeline from bid day to initiation?

By: noobie
by: @noobieMay 29, 2014 12:11:48 AM

depends on each individual house, some initiate super quick like within a few weeks, others wait a couple months and don't initiate til later in the semester

By: @noobie
by: noobieMay 29, 2014 12:35:48 AM

thanks that helps put things in perpsective

any info on how the demand for sorority life is sizing up to be this year, or is it too early to tell? im considering spring rush, but dont want to close myself off from too many options

By: noobie
by: berkzMay 29, 2014 5:29:34 PM

general trend is that the # of girls who sign up for recruitment is going up each year. I think last year somewhere close to 800 girls signed up? Your best bet is to do fall formal recruitment and if that doesn't work, do spring, but just be careful bc not all the houses do spring recruitment, and the ones that do only take like 5 girls or so.

By: berkz
by: 2012May 30, 2014 9:54:46 PM

there's an upper trend? but wasn't there a massive shortage in fall 2012 that caused every house to have to do spring COB 2013?

By: 2012
#2  by: asdffg   

#of girls signing up for recruitment =/= # of girls that actually accept bids. these #s might be wrong but out of the ~800 that signed up for recruitment, i think ~400 accepted bids and joined a house? and then a portion of that # drops out before initiation. So the amount of girls that sign up has been going up (probably just due to larger freshman classes) but the number of girls that actually go through with it and join a house has been pretty consistent (~40 girls per fall pledge class i think)

By: asdffg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.