facebook

does zta accept junior from another zta chapter?

by: ZTA

Hi I'm a zta freshman at a school on the east coast and I love love love Zeta and I was wondering what the protocol would be if I were to transfer here and want to join this chapter. thanks!

Posted By: ZTA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Response   

I'm not in Zeta, but we had a girl from a different chapter of my sorority transfer over. Basically the your current chapter has to release you in good standing first. Then you have the choice of re-rushing all the sororities here, or just contacting the President/Membership person to ask for the transfer process. Usually its fine, and there's a small waiting period before they vote you into membership in that chapter.

Though, be warned: Not all chapters of a given sorority are the same. This can be a good or a bad thing. The change sometimes is refreshing, but sometimes its not a welcomed surprise. Especially given how large Berkeley's greek system is here,and the types of students Berkeley attracts versus other schools.

By: Response
by: aboveJan 28, 2014 6:19:28 PM

poster above has it right. Just contact the chapter here.

By: above
#2  by: op   

Honestly it'd be really hard for me to re-rush. I've come to love zta and everything it stands for. Zeta is for life, so if i'm not feeling the zta chapter there I probably wouldn't be in greek life at all. Thank you though!

By: op
#3  by: Xo   

You cannot re-rush if you have already been initiated! It's a super easy process, I'm not in Zeta but I transferred into my chapter here from another school.

By: Xo
by: TechnicallyFeb 2, 2014 9:21:00 PM

Technically there is nothing stopping you from re-rushing if you transfer to another school (one girl was an Alpha Gamma Delta at her old school before she transfered to cal. She joined my house mostly because there wasn't a cal AGD chapter) Panhellenic won't stop you. However, its highly frowned up that one be initiated into 2 sororities, given the sanctity of the rituals and secrets. I'd encourage anyone who transfers schools to contact the membership VP to get involved as soon as possible with the local chapter here asap. You join a sorority with the intention to remain a member for life, regardless of who your sisters are.

Plus Its nice having sisters in other chapters and having a for life community, even if its for a less established house at Cal like Zeta.

By: Technically
#4  by: ZTA415   

All you have to do is stop by the ZTA house and speak with either President or VPIII_Recruitment. They will let you know the process.

By: ZTA415

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.