facebook

spring rush

by: Rushee

I did half of fall rush but then dropped because I knew I wouldn't have the money to pay dues. However, over winter break my parents encouraged me to try again and that they would pay for it. Would it be awkward now if I did spring rush because some of the girls might remember me? And if not, will there be a way for them to check and see that I dropped, and be suspicious as to why? My fav was DG and I really want to get in.

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Response   

This is from the Panhellenic website:

The following chapters are eligible for Continuous Open Bidding (COB) as of 11/4/2013: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Kappa, and Zeta Tau Alpha. It is up to each individual chapter's discretion whether or not to hold recruitment events in the Spring.

Delta Gamma unfortunately isn't able to recruit new girls (you could always email in their membership VP to see if this has changed, but I do doubt it.)

There is a way for them to check and see if you dropped, but chances are they wouldn't do it. There also may a chance that a girl in that house remembers you/your name, and she voices her concern, but this is unlikely.

I would go to the spring events for the other chapters you did like. I know Theta, SK, Gamma Phi, and Zeta have their dates/events listed on their websites. I can't speak for other houses though. If events conflict, try and prioritize house tours and preference events over philanthropy/mixers.

By: Response
by: RusheeJan 17, 2014 4:07:53 AM

Thank you so much! I'll definitely check out the other events to see how I feel about it. =)

By: Rushee
#2  by: springcob   

they can check if you dropped, but most wont think anything of it (a lot of people drop during fall rush). If a girl does remember you, which might be unlikely because they met so many girls and it was a long time ago, you can just use it as a conversation point and explain that you dropped in fall but you're more committed now.

By: springcob

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.