facebook

so which sororities...

by: gottaknow

...haze?

Honestly, just give it to me straight please. I don't have time to deal with hazing and want to join a chapter without going through any drama of dropping and having to decide whether or not it's worth it to wait and pledge another.

Posted By: gottaknow
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: answer   

kappa kappa gamma and pi beta phi haze

By: answer
#2  by: honestly though   

hazing does happen at some houses, they have to say it doesn't happen but it does at some houses

By: honestly though
#3  by: TRUTH   

Kappa, pi phi, alpha phi for sure

Heard that adpi does? Not sure about that though

By: TRUTH
#4  by: hazing   

just curious what are some examples of hazing that sororities might do?

By: hazing
#5  by: ....   

what we have here is 3 sorority names that were thrown out as hazing and those 3 will continue to propagate as "the houses that haze" from on out on this thread. 3-4 years ago adpi was known for being the crazy hazers that sent pledges to the hospital from pledge ed. so the fact that their name isn't legitimately mentioned means this is all hearsay. while yes houses haze, ive only heard of it happening 1-3 times the semester based on what house. its not like frat hazing where everyone monday youre blacked out or something. everyone hazes and its not bad. in different forms of "hazing" many times its stressed on doing what you're comfortable with- if a house pushes you beyond that theyre not true sisters and not good for you. I dont think its called for to staple piphi kappa and a phi as hazers when you dont know what they actually do for hazing. what if one night it was the choice of the freshmen to drink a lot to impress the older girls?? as unrealistic as that is, i find it esoteric to label piphi kappa a phi as hazers when it isnt even a true issue at cal.

By: ....
by: lolDec 27, 2013 1:36:16 AM

When multiple kappa girls come back to the dorms wasted beyond belief AND We floormates are all legitimately concerned for their wellbeing, we got a problem.

Also, adpi was mentioned above?

The hazing is usually alcoholrelated.

By: lol
by: to lolDec 27, 2013 5:01:18 PM

just because they're coming back "wasted beyond belief" doesn't mean they are being hazed, they are probably just freshman girls who don't know their alcohol tolerance and drank too much

By: to lol
#6  by: Really   

Its impossible to tell which houses. Unless you're talking to a person who is or was in that specific house, and was hazed themselves, then its really speculation.

I will say however, that houses that are smaller/ have historically had poor retention are less likely to haze because they cannot afford to lose members. Examples of these are the houses that do spring recruitment EVERY year: Theta, DDD, Gamma Phi, and AOPi. Zeta also will not haze because they're a newer chapter, and inevitably placed on a watchlist by their nationals. I'm in one of these houses, and my house does not haze.

By: Really

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.