facebook

why does everyone hate on the bottom sororities?..

by: Pink

Hi! I'm a sophomore interested in participating in spring rush.
I'm seriously curious as to why the bottom tier sororities get so much hate?

Posted By: Pink
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: seriously   

These rankings are based mostly on really superficial things - what girls in the house look like, which frats they exchange with, etc. Different houses have different cultures, and you can have an AMAZING experience in Cal Greek life - or Greek life anywhere, really - even if you don't end up in a "top house". I encourage you to rush whichever house(s) you think is the best fit for you, no matter where it is on these rankings. There are endless pros and cons to every house, and you have the opportunity to have an awesome time wherever you end up.

By: seriously
#2  by: OP   

Do people really judge you by the house you're in? I feel like I want to join a sorority, but I don't want this Greek system to be like HS "ranks" and whatnot. Advice?

By: OP
by: In ExperienceNov 21, 2013 3:19:52 AM

As a member of a sorority in the lower half of the tiering according to this website, it really doesn't matter that much if your sorority "ranks" differently. It /might/ affect which fraternities you mix with, but my house has mixed with all different kinds of fraternities this semester even though we're "bottom half". As far as other sororities are concerned, it doesn't make a difference. I have friends in several different houses at various "ranks", and I've never had anyone put me down or treat me differently because of what my letters were.

By: In Experience
#3  by: OP   

Do people really judge you by the house you're in? I feel like I want to join a sorority, but I don't want this Greek system to be like HS "ranks" and whatnot. Advice?

By: OP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.