facebook

zeta tau alpha?

by: greekgirl

I'm a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha at a school in the East. I'm considering transferring to Cal but I was curious to see what the zeta chapter there is like? Zeta here is huge and a top house, I just wanted some more info about what they're like at Berkeley.

Posted By: greekgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

they just started last year so naturally they're one of the worst, if not the worst house. When you're just starting you can't be too selective with who you recruit so it's like the atlantic ocean up in that house - whales for days

By: lol
by: bbtOct 9, 2013 12:48:03 AM

honestly they dont have that many "whales". every house, including kappa, has some bigger girls

By: bbt
by: honestlyOct 17, 2013 4:23:20 AM

medium sorority- not the best, but not bad for how new they are

By: honestly
#2  by: greekgirl   

Guess we did it differently and held selective interviews.

By: greekgirl
#3  by: honestly   

It's more hit and miss with the founding members. Many are gorgeous, maybe 2 or 3 are whales. But their new pledge class is pretty decent. No way they're the worst. Consensus is they're bottom-middle tier for now.

By: honestly
#4  by: agree   

their original fall class is a verrry diverse mix. they have girls who are pretty hot and go out a lot, and they have some awk quiet girls who dropped out of fall formal because it was too intimidating.
new pledge class is good. i'd say they're your average, normal girls.
overall i'd place their house middle/lower-mid

By: agree
#5  by: CAL ZTA   

Dear fellow Zeta sister,

I do not like to post on these websites, but I feel that I must. I do hope you take everything on this sight with a grain of salt. If you want want to know what the UC Berkeley chapter is truly like, you should contact our officers and chapter members. Another option is to ask the ZTA alumnae chapters in the Bay Area.

Yes our chapter is new, and we are still establishing our selves on the Berkeley campus. However, those of us who are part of the founding group, such as myself, and our new members, joined the Berkeley chapter because we believe in the creed of Zeta Tau Alpha, what it does for its members, it's philanthropy, and what ZTA stands for despite the fact that it is new.

I would like to point out that so far all the replies to your inquiry about our chapter has been about physical appearances. If Zeta has taught me anything it is "to find satisfaction in being, rather than seeming, thus strengthening in [me] the higher qualities of the spirit." I sincerely hope you do not let these derogatory comments calling us "whales" influence your decision to come to CAL and getting to know us. Secondly, as for recruitment, it was nationals who recruited and selected the founding women of our chapter and it was nationals who also trained us to recruit the new members of our chapter. I hope that these facts will speak for themselves about the kind quality women we are.

By: CAL ZTA
#6  by: CAL ZTA   

To the commenter who wrote "whales for day," please don't use that term to describe my chapter again or any other chapter or women for that matter. It is disrespectful and derogatory for any woman to be called that. Not only that, it is precisely because of this obsession on weight and physical appearance in our greek community that the non-greek community considers us superficial. This obsession on physical appearances has also caused young girls to develop eating disorders and low self-esteem in our society as well.

By: CAL ZTA
by: AgreedOct 9, 2013 7:40:49 PM

Well said, CAL ZTA! Thank you! Honestly, if anyone wants accurate opinions about a Greek organizations, GreekRank is the last place to go for an honest answer.

By: Agreed
#7  by: Honestly   

If you want a legit answer, Greek Rank is not the place to get it. Too much self-ranking and bashing of other groups by those threatened by them.

To Cal ZTA: Your comments rock!

By: Honestly
#8  by: OP   

To my zetas at Berkeley, I did not in ANY way mean to offend and I am soo sorry if I came off as such. A sister of mine at my chapter simply said she didn't see a large ZTA presence on campus (not in a bad way-simply objectively speaking) so I was a little sad. many apologies ZLAM <3

By: OP
#9  by: asdf   

to be honest, zeta is a middle house. people hate on them because theyre new but they've done well so far. their house is in a prime location, they got a good-sized pledge class and some great girls. yes, not all the girls are total hotties but they have a lot who are, its just that the majority of their girls are average berkeley girls (and berkeley girls arent that hot in the first place)

By: asdf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.