facebook

sororities doing continuous open bidding in spring

by: freshman

I never thought I'd want to be part of a sorority, but seeing my friends go through rush has really changed my mind. I'd really like to be a part of DG or Chi O, but am totally open to other sororities as well. (I heard Chi O, for one, got a really big/good group of pledges this year.) Does anyone know yet which sororities will be offering continuous open bidding?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ditto   

I wanna know too!

By: Ditto
#2  by: Cob   

You have to ask your friends in the house if they are doing COB. They won't announce it. Or if you don't have friends in the house, email your desired chapter's vp of membership. I think at one point nearly all the houses were giving out some extra bids (my friend got one from DG) but they might be done so try to contact them asap

By: Cob
#3  by: yee   

I'm not positive if either are giving out extra bids, but I would go for chi o bcuz they're rising pretty quickly

By: yee
#4  by: Seriously   

"COB" is right. If you know someone in a chapter that you might be interested in let them know you are interested in rushing. If you don't know someone in a house email their membership/recruitment officer and express your interest in COB right away! It is hard to know who will be COBing in Spring but if you are interested in houses, make sure you contact them before you leave for break so they can consider inviting you to their functions which usually start early in spring semester. COB starts at different times for each house. Hint- Houses will be checking your Facebook page so seriously make sure your page represents you. Good luck. Go Greek!

By: Seriously
#5  by: Seriously   

"COB" is right. If you know someone in a chapter that you might be interested in let them know you are interested in rushing. If you don't know someone in a house email their membership/recruitment officer and express your interest in COB right away! It is hard to know who will be COBing in Spring but if you are interested in houses, make sure you contact them before you leave for break so they can consider inviting you to their functions which usually start early in spring semester. COB starts at different times for each house. Hint- Houses will be checking your Facebook page so seriously make sure your page represents you. Good luck. Go Greek!

By: Seriously
#6  by: spring rush   

The Cal PHC website just announced the spring rush dates and the chapters that can participate. Rush will be 1/27/14-2//14, and 8 chapters are eligible to participate - ADPi, AOPi, Chi O, Tri-Delt, GPhiB, Theta, SK, and ZTA, although it's up to the chapters whether or not they will participate. If you're interested in any of those chapters, I'd send a message to their recruitment officer.

By: spring rush
#7  by: Yup   

For those considering rushing. There is this thing called "COB" (continuous open bidding) which says that a sorority that has room can recruit and bid anytime when classes are in session except for formal recruitment periods. What this means is that some groups may be rushing during the announced spring dates but others may be offering bids any time. Let the groups you are interested in know about your interest ASAP.

By: Yup
#8  by: Hmm   

If you are really interested in a chapter that is not in that list of 8, is it worth a shot to contact them? Or would it be pointless and they wouldn't be able to do accommodate you even if they wanted to

By: Hmm
by: OKNov 24, 2013 2:40:49 PM

They cannot pledge anyone til they have an opening but if you are interested you can let them know.

By: OK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.