facebook

pref round drops

by: hi

Hi!! I have 1 sorority left that I want to join during pref round. Is there a good chance I won’t get dropped since I made it this far with this sorority? Or do they still make big cuts after pref round? If a sorority does cut girls after pref round do they only cut a little bit of people or a lot? Just curious on my chances of getting in if I made it this far.

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

Honestly some sororities don’t even vote after pref round so I think you’ve got a good chance!

By: No
#2  by: Lol   

Def depends on the sorority , if its a more selective chapter you could still not get a bid after pref. Good luck!

By: Lol
#3  by: It’s complicated   

It’s a complex process and formula based on how many are invited back and your placement on pref list etc. Figure that nothing is guaranteed but chances are good. Your rush counselor can probably explain more and better

By: It’s complicated
#4  by: Don’t overthink   

None of us can predict that. It’s less about big cuts, now it’s an algorithm. Basically, if you make it to pref night that sorority is willing to give you a bid. But there’s a catch. Now it comes down to the order in which they want the girls they invited, and if those girls pick them. For example, let’s say a pledge class will be 100 girls, and a sorority invites 200 to pref (panhel decides how many they invite.) they list off their top 100 after pref night, then rank in order the next 100. Let’s say 50 of their top 100 pick another house, the next 50 will get bids and so on. You could be number 120 and not get a bid, or 150 and get one just depends how everyone ranks. That’s basically the technicality of it. What I can promise will not happen, because people complain about it every year, is if your top house that you put as number one gave you a bid, you won’t go to your second house. For example, if you’re number 1 at your second house and 110 at your top house, you’ll get the bid from your favorite if they extend it to you. If you get your second house, it’s because your top house didn’t bid you, not because the other one stole you.

I know that’s a lot to understand, it’s all computer generated basically but sometimes knowing how the process works can be easier than just wondering what happened. Good luck!

By: Don’t overthink
#5  by: Explain    

So, there r no cuts after pref. If someone is invited to pref the girls in the house see them as a member. That being said, there r bid lists. Many times PNMs r listed in order of preference for being in the house. Once the chapter hits quota, the bid list stops. Keep in mind, it’s mutually selective. The PNM has more power in the situation with their decision as the chapters they pref already want them. PNMs get to choose who they want more.

By: Explain

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.