facebook

is it common?

by: Curious

I overheard two dudes talking about a pi phi/DG event a while back in Geisel, and because I'm considering rushing this upcoming fall as a second year, I really want to make sure the chapter I join will be one that makes me happy, and doesn't put up a friendly facade during rush. One of the guys was saying that his date in pi phi wouldn't stop crying, and told her Delta gamma friend that she really wished she would have picked them on bid day because of how badly everyone treats each other in pi phi. Knowing that girls are openly unhappy with the sorority they thought they clicked with is frightening, and I wanted to know about how common this is and if there is anything that can be done in this situation?

Also, is it true that people in pi phi actually make members feel this way? Should I disregard them from the very beginning? I don't care about the ranking of my sorority enough to be unhappy

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TBH   

The beauty about sorority recruitment is that you get to see what each sorority is about and they get to see who you are. Stay true to yourself, go in with an open mind, ignore the stereotypes of each (if possible), and you're bound to end up with the one that is perfect for you. Good Luck!

By: TBH
#2  by: Honestly   

Hate to say it but it's true, with the top house name you sacrifice sisterhood unfortunately, how do you think they made it there

By: Honestly
#3  by: yea kinda   

Definitely can be common among houses like Pi Phi and DG and even Kappa. other houses have great sisterhoods and the girls are much more happy! A lot of the time going for the house with the people you actually LIKE will lead to more overall happiness. and being happy is what its all about.

By: yea kinda
#4  by: well   

It honestly sounds like that girl picked her house because she wanted to be apart of the "pretty" crowd rather than picking based on values. Just make sure you list what you want and stick to it. It's easy to be swayed by beautiful decorations and skinny blondes with long legs. Stick to your values and what you want. If the house that best matches your values happens to be one of the top and you feel like you really click with them then don't be scared of your decision because you wont end up like that girl. I know genuinely good people in both pi phi and dg. They chose based on values and LOVE their choice. Just make sure you pick whats right for YOU because in the end that's what will make you happiest.

By: well
#5  by: :)   

dont go into rush with a negative view on any chapter, rumors are spread, stories can be overheard incorrectly, and girls will try to put down other chapters, but youll find where you really want to be during rush

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.