facebook

hmmm

by: Lady

What would be the normal outfit for chapter (if there is any)? Where does the general sorority meet since there are no houses? (you know what I mean) How often do functions occur? How is hazing, honestly? (don't answer if you'll get in trouble) Do you guys craft a lot, because I LOVE crafting! How does the rush process work?

Posted By: Lady
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: And....   

Well the first message pretty much covered everything but there are a few things I want to add. Even though your chapters philanthropy is only once a quarter/year, we all go out to the other chapters philanthropies and support them as well. These are usually once a twice or week depending on how they are spread out. There is also ISS sports which is usually every other week-ish. Its not required that you go to everything but you definitely wont be bored. lol

Also for hazing, my chapter takes it super seriously and like the poster above, my experience was quite the opposite. They provided us with multiple people to contact if we thought we were being hazed and ensured if we did report it within the chapter it would be strictly confidential. Then of course we were showered with gifts and invited places, our meals were paid for... being a pledge was pretty awesome lol

So recruitment was pretty fun, it started to get tiring towards the end, but it was definitely worth it. My advise for that is if you really love a chapter, but they drop you, don't dwell on it. Would you really want to spend your life with a bunch of girls that don't really like you? Or would you rather go to a chapter where everyone loves you and you all get along? Think of it like a guy... would you rather date a guy with a good personality and be his first choice? Or a maybe slightly better looking guy that you barely know's last choice? (in a long term relationship that is)

By: And....
by: And....May 15, 2013 10:12:51 AM

Ahh Ok... continued because the best advice couldn't fit in that box >.<
BE YOURSELF during recruitment!
You want to find a chapter that loves you for who you are and all your weird quarks and interests! It will get exhausting pretending to be someone you aren't. It will also build resentment after you join because you aren't the person they thought you were. So really, have fun, don't stress, and be your happy self because there is a place in the Greek community for everyone :)
(ex. I am a video game addict! lol)

By: And....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.