facebook

sorority rush

by: help me please!

hi my fellow highlanders! i need advice! im a junior and rushed at least 5 times (both formal and cob) with no bid and no luck. i feel hopeless at this point but i dont want to give up because ive always wanted to join a sorority and experience greek life before i graduate college. i want to ask you all what should i do? also i heard that adpi is coming on campus next wuarter and i wanted to know how colonization works and if they actually do rush next quarter so i can give this one last shot. please help!

Posted By: help me please!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

you'll definitely get into the new one. they're gonna be desperate. gonna be honest here but if you've rushed 5 times and not even sigma kappa will take you.... then maybe you aren't cut out for it. they're bottom house.

By: lol
by: help me please!Jan 23, 2015 2:26:52 PM

I never attempted to rush SK or PiPhi for since I know several of them had disrespected close friends of mine

By: help me please!
#2  by: o   

You really shouldn't judge a whole chapter just based off of a few girls. I know it sounds cliche but you have to be yourself. Also, stop being so picky. There's not much you can do if the top tier sororities don't want you.

By: o
by: please help me!Jan 23, 2015 6:24:57 PM

i guess what im asking is should i try for the new sorority next quarter or just give up completely?

By: please help me!
#3  by: Go For It   

Good luck.

By: Go For It
#4  by: ?   

Kristen Eng?

By: ?
by: ???Jan 26, 2015 1:51:06 PM

^^who's that

By: ???
#5  by: Hey   

I mean the sorority that comes to Ucr in spring is going to start off as bottom house just saying so I mean if the top house girls don't want you and you've never tried the bottom houses well I mean go for the new one. At the end of the day you're still going to be in a bottom house sorority. Good luck!

By: Hey
by: noJan 25, 2015 10:38:17 PM

^^^it doesn't really work like that, New chapters are very choosy about selecting their charter class, and it will be much tougher to impress a consultant from another campus in an interview situation than it is to just fit in with the crowd and be cute in formal rush. In the first few years, new chapters typically compete against the middle groups more than the "top" or "bottom" chapters. If you want to get a bid, put your best foot forward and be the whole package- grades, image, leadership, and fun.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.