facebook

read this and read it well.

by: listen to me

I am dang tired of the bashing so I will write an HONEST unbiased summary of what the heck is happening at UCR Greek life.

PhiPsi: Whether you lilt it or not, they are top house. When kids rush, they look to phi psi. They ARE rude and very drunk at times but in the end have the best looking/acting guys. Based on statistics, they are one of the more selective fraternities. They recently became the top due to PIKE's suspension and PIKE's recent pledge class of over 30 where more than half were not true PIKE material. Phi Psi hangs with AXO and everyone is butthurt about it. Little do they know, Kappa rides FIJI just as hard as AXO rides PKP. Gamma Phi and Phi Psi have a rocky history but the new girls use AXO as a scapegoat. Regardless, you will see girls from all sororities and GDIs even at a PKP Party. Phi Psi is definitely worth looking into, you mike like them and fit in.

PIKE: PIKE was top, but is now second to Phi Psi (debatable by some, but a general consensus). Their older guys are REALLY awesome and are/were very liked/well-known throughout the Greek community. But here's the catch, most of them graduated and the replacements are Sub-Par. PIKES currently hang out with a little of each sorority. Seems to lean towards Gphi, the trophies, and DGs... the mid-tier sorority woman. PIKE throws good parties that you SHOULD attend... unlike PKP, they don't drink most of the Alchohol before you get there and don't always buy cheap stuff. They went downhill last year, (cont.)

Posted By: listen to me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: listen to me   

but possibly can save themselves this quarter.. we will see.

FIJI: Close runner up with PIKE. Great brotherhood..tries a little too hard to be "tftc". These guys are riding kappa and kappa is riding them. Obviously they hang out with others, but thats the general consensus. FIJI is very secretive with a great bunch of older members. They newer ones are not as good to be honest..also douchey. Too douchey for where they are on this scale. They threw a club event with PKP which was a massive success leading to a rise in both. Please make it an annual thing. It was great (RAGECOACH). FIJI was top house a couple years ago... hopefully they sustain.

SAE: Just lost their pledge process. Cool guys, not typical "frat" culture, though they do try. SAE does have many members that other upper fraternities brag as their rejects. SAE is a second choice fraternity in most eyes, but tbh.. if you click with the guys... ranking doesn't matter.Thay hang with various sororities without a majority favorite.

Sigep: "Nice Guys", revered as a club. A sigep is a "gentleman"... others call them beta males. This fraternity hangs with Gphi also. Gphi is their favorite. Parties.. kind of suck in general.. the guys are almost too nice to be fratty. Their president keeps them alive by making them a tad less uninteresting. Highest GPA. Great fraternity to chill with and to know as friends, a little less known for great parties and moments that really make your college career. Noone has ever said.. (cont.

By: listen to me
by: listen to meAug 14, 2014 9:20:02 PM

"OMG I can't wait to rage with the Sigeps". Sorry for all the hate.. I really do respect you guys.. People just really like to joke about you even though I believe you are a very solid fraternity. Every sigep I know is really cool in my book.

DCHI: OK. They are new. On the come up. They would be better if they didn't try to hard. Some of their guys really crash and burn trying to be the ultimate "frat guy". Then some of their guys look like they came straight out of the skate club. They are getting better, doing more things. Girls seem to be noticing them a little more as they aren't joked about as much as when I rushed 2 years ago. Still made fun of.. but have a couple anchors that place dchi on the map. So congrats, you aren't a piece of crap anymore, you are just crap. Keep up the good work. See you on the other side. Go hang with more girls and stop creeping them out.

DTD: Sorry guys, you really screwed up. Low numbers. No popular guys. Please try harder.. I really truly don't want to see you all fail and fall off the map. I believe in you guys and great job on your philanthropy. Stay alive and please, ask for help from IFC or other fraternities.. you need to learn how to rush.

Ksig: They are not apart of UCR. They are trying. They guys are goons and try hards that literally promote on FB pages and UCR confession posts with comments to freshmen like.. "rush ksig, those guys are tight". Stop acting like you guys own the place and earn respect like they rest of the (cont

by: listen to meAug 14, 2014 9:21:45 PM

(Ksig Cont) like the rest of the fraternities did. They are joked about and revered as a club. Girls hang with them but typically are GDIs and SigmaKappas. DO NOT RUSH KSIG. They have beef with the school, beef with IFC, beef with fraternities, and beef with the student body. If anything a greek hates more than the old FSIC advisor, its Ksig.

#2  by: listen to me   

fraternities worth looking into for the true "fraternity experience":
PKP
PIKE
FIJI

by: listen to meAug 14, 2014 9:25:54 PM

runner ups:
SAE
DCHI

#3  by: Lol   

Sounds like a sig ep^

By: Lol
by: truthAug 22, 2014 11:27:31 PM

fact: if there was a drinking competition between all the frats sigep would come in last

By: truth
by: LawlAug 27, 2014 7:06:03 PM

5 phi psi's alone can outdrink the entire sigep chapter

By: Lawl
#4  by: please!!   

can someone do an honest review on the sororities like this one?

By: please!!
#5  by: FIJI    

PKP & PKA both have near 90+ brothers.

FIJI has less than 50, and still we are considered to be in the top three.

Consider this, The two top fraternities have nearly twice the amount of income that FIJI has, yet FIJI is pretty reputable. I'm not saying that FIJI is top house, I'm just saying we're pretty high up there. \n\n\n\n\n

By: FIJI
by: C/OAug 27, 2014 12:09:27 PM

Doubt phi psi and pike have that many guys after they just graduated a lot of seniors

By: C/O
#6  by: Nodebate   

Sit down sigep your not even a real frat. how could you have a brotherhood if you don't have a pledge process? No wonder all your brothers hate each other. I have even more respect for DX hahahahaha at least they earned their letters. Also come to think of it I've never heard a girl say she's excited to go to a sigep party.

By: Nodebate
#7  by: Jen   

Dang gentlemen idk guys we're this much into themselves??? Rolling on the floor from laughing at these posts, lol.

By: Jen

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.