facebook

i was dropped

by: feeling down

I was dropped by every sorority that I really wanted. After the first round of cuts, I decided to make the best of it. I l liked other sororities, then they dropped me too. I accepted a bid from a sorority that I had not considered. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the bid that I got. But, I'm struggling with the rejection. I see girls who got into the sororities that I was interested in and it hurts. Does it ever get better?

Posted By: feeling down
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes    

Yes, it gets much,much better. You are with a group who adored you so much, they invited you to become their sister. Get to know them. One on one. Get involved. It gets so much better! Promise. Hugs to you.

By: Yes
#2  by: The truth    

I am not going to lie it hurts. Exactly like you I was cut from my favorites round after round. I finally received a bid from a sorority that I had never considered, and honestly for some reason felt almost embarrassed. Now, a year later I can honestly say that I am completely in love with the sorority I am in. I found the group I fit into within the sorority, and wear my letters with pride. I have to admit that I still to today see girls in sororites that cut me and think that I am nicer/cuter/smarter than them and wonder why I got cut. Now going through the other side of recruitment I realize that 99% of the time the cuts are not personal at all. Just remember give it time, all your love, and you will find your place. Just remember this sorority loves you, and the hurt will eventually die down.

By: The truth
#3  by: Imagine   

not getting a bid at all.(It happens.) I also got dropped by my moms sorority (she didn't go to AU) and I was crushed. So I decided on another, got dropped and then had to look at several groups I had never considered. Saw sororities I wanted pledge girls that were not as involved in high school or had as high of grades and made me look like Miss America. I pledged a group, still felt down and then I realized...hey, I got a group that really wanted me. Decided it was stupid to want a group that cut me and I put all my energy into achieving as much as I could and I have and still am! It really is not personal usually I know now and it is probably who you know. In 3 years I'm in many organizations and love my sorority. To me, these girls are the top level. My good friend got completely dropped early and she was a AU legacy. She is still hurting and so is her mother. She is beautiful and active, but it happens. The hurt is still there with being dropped, but there are much worse things in life than not getting into a sorority or fraternity. Get involved in campus activities and meet new people and make friends. It will work out.

By: Imagine
by: MotivationalAug 20, 2015 4:00:34 AM

Could not agree more. It is difficult to imagine starting off at a new school and already unhappy that you either did not get a bid to a sorority or you got one to a group you had not wanted or even thought about. We let things that we read on sites like this control our idea of what we want and then many of us find out that there are other sides to the sorority story. I had recs to most all the sororities and many to my legacy group. One of those I did not have a rec to was the one I eventually pledged after I got dropped after the second party to my moms sorority. She got on the phone and called another sorority sister who knew a girl in my sorority and got me a rec that day in case they kept me. I went from thinking how sad it was that some girls were going to particular groups to hoping I had an invitation to those! I had been a head cheerleader, NHS officer, beauty pageant winner and honors graduate in high school and I was hurt at how I was dropped. You know what? You DO pick yourself up and when you do, you find out that there are other really great groups to chose from, not just those that are pushed as being the only good ones. I also knew girls who got nothing and they are so involved in campus activities. Nothing can wipe away the hurt from not being wanted, it just occurs due to numbers. So, if you are unhappy with your group, think of those who would have loved to have a bid. I love my sorority now and I have great friends in all the groups.

By: Motivational
#4  by: It gets better    

I had the same feelings when I went through. Looking back on it, I know now it was not personal. It is merely a process. One of my best friends pledged the group that I thought I wanted. Six months later, she told me how much she wished she had gotten a bid to my group. Shocker! We both put more effort into getting to know the girls in our own groups and we are both very, very happy. I cannot imagine being anywhere else. It gets better and better all the time.

By: It gets better
#5  by: Wow   

The responses to this thread are probably the nicest and most encouraging post I have read onGreek Rànk.war eagle

By: Wow
#6  by: Eyes open   

We all want what is advertised as being the best, then we find out when we get to rush that those sororities that have been pushed as the best takes mostly high legacies. Then many get dropped and the rest have to look at the other groups we didn't think we would need to research. Guess what?! Except for the name (and its not moms or sisters group), they are all the same. Having a great time with my group!!! No sense crying over a group that did not want you.

By: Eyes open
by: Many thanks!Aug 21, 2015 1:46:01 PM

I heard this from so many girls at rush!!! We all can't get KD for sure, but there were plenty of wonderful groups that were available and just as good! I read the group I pledged were not any good, but then I saw them and they looked the same as all the others. Glad I got who I got!!!

By: Many thanks!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.