facebook

pledge class thoughts

by: Congrats

Firstly, congrats to all the new members and sororities on a great recruitment! Curious what everyone's thoughts are on the new pledge classes. From what I've seen, Theta, SK, AOPi, and Tri Delt seem to be improving wonderfully with every pledge class, this year no exception! I think Phi Mu and Alpha Gam really killed it. KD seems to continue slipping, riding mostly on name, got a great pledge class still but perhaps should reevaluate for future recruitments or will be surpassed by Phi Mu. Haven't seen much of the other pledge classes but I'm sure every sorority is happy and hope all the new members are thrilled with where they ended up!

Posted By: Congrats
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Pledge Classes   

Definitely agree with AOPi, Tri Delt, and Sigma Kappa.They are getting great girls! All sororities at Auburn are great, but KD and ADPi are focusing too much on legacies. Alpha Gam has become more diverse at last.

By: Pledge Classes
by: CuriousAug 16, 2015 9:38:52 PM

I'm curious- please define what you mean by focusing too much on legacies. Do you mean pledging too many or what?

By: Curious
by: @curiousAug 16, 2015 10:25:54 PM

Yes, focusing on keeping legacies too much can lead to overlooking other great girls who may be a better fit for the chapter than the legacies. KD has been critiqued for doing this for a few years now, losing great girls in favor of legacies they're highly pressured to take

By: @curious
#2  by: Stand outs   

AOPi and SK definitely recruited stand out pledge classes this year! Every sorority did great but those are the ones I'm most impressed by.

By: Stand outs
#3  by: Sweet Peaches   

Every pledge class, form what I could see, is amazing this year! I am genuinely excited for all of our sweet peaches this year! Way to go Auburn!

By: Sweet Peaches
by: BumpAug 16, 2015 12:31:48 PM

For the positive

By: Bump
#4  by: Bump    

for positive comments

By: Bump
#5  by: Au   

AXO, AXD, and DDD did great this year!

By: Au
#6  by: Tiger1   

DZ, ZTA, KKG, GPB and PP did awesome! Congratulations to all! Proud of the AU spirit!

By: Tiger1
by: agreeAug 17, 2015 6:18:13 PM

I saw the GPBs and the KKGs. Entire classes of beautiful girls. Good job everyone!

By: agree
by: ImpressedAug 17, 2015 7:23:19 PM

with this group as well as all the others! Just a great rush all around!

By: Impressed
#7  by: bump   

DG, AXiD, and DDD had awesome pledge classes!!

By: bump
by: VeryAug 17, 2015 4:13:52 PM

Best was AXO!

By: Very
by: @veryAug 17, 2015 6:08:12 PM

Uh hahahahahahahaha! Stop

By: @very
#8  by: Really   

Best were KD, Phi Mu and XO

By: Really
by: @reallyAug 17, 2015 3:52:52 AM

Everyone got a great pledge class! Not just KD PhiMu and ChiO -- embarrassed for you. And by the way, those were not the best. A few others killed more this year. Sorry.

By: @really
by: See?Aug 17, 2015 4:25:39 AM

Everyone was mentioning how good the PC were and then you come along and say "best". It makes you look like the one who posts negative posts on other groups all the time. All the sororities got fantastic girls!!

By: See?
by: ha haAug 17, 2015 7:08:59 AM

Good PR, but KD lost several top girls to other houses and XO took a lot of grade risks. Phi Mu usually takes so many pretty girls but this year they lost them to other houses. I guess that's why they're trying to convince people that they did as well as they usually do.

By: ha ha
by: What? Aug 17, 2015 7:21:38 AM

Who? xo didn't take anyone with below a 3.3

By: What?
by: WaitAug 17, 2015 8:27:29 AM

You think a 3.3 GPA in high school is good? That is laughable-sororities might say they require a 3.2 but I can guarantee you my sorority ends up with girls way over that. I do know for sure ADPi took quite a few grade risks - Pretty girls but not the brightest.

By: Wait
by: truthAug 17, 2015 9:55:00 AM

Incorrect info- ADPi did not take grade risks.

By: truth
by: yikesAug 17, 2015 3:31:46 PM

alpha gam took grade risks also...

By: yikes
by: NOAug 17, 2015 6:23:39 PM

Alpha Gam did NOT take grade risks! They didn't need to take grade risks! Super pledge class! Beautiful and smart girls as usual...just like everyone else! Go away! Stop trying to stir things up!

By: NO
by: FunnyAug 18, 2015 1:26:07 AM

AGD for a FACT took below 3.0

By: Funny
by: VAug 18, 2015 6:56:06 AM

Yeah totally!!!!

By: V
by: :)Aug 18, 2015 7:06:04 AM

Below a 3.0? Who? Say her name.

By: :)
by: UmAug 18, 2015 8:41:30 PM

Nobody got into AGD with below a 3.0 so there's nobody to name.

By: Um
#9  by: gpa   

The average gpa for girls in recruitment was about 3.7 so if your house took 3.2 or 3.3 girls out of high school, your house grades may go down.

By: gpa
by: Well...Aug 17, 2015 2:37:16 PM

In my experience girls that went to private high schools (usually out of state) and have lower GPAs like 3.3 or 3.2 do just as well or better than some girls with 4.0s or 3.9s from easier public schools

By: Well...
by: grade riskAug 17, 2015 3:32:59 PM

a few went to alpha gam

By: grade risk
by: NOAug 17, 2015 6:28:07 PM

Again, I known or a fact Alpha Gam did not take grade risks. Someone must be hurt because the girls they wants went to other sororities. Leave everyone alone. Stop this nonesense of pitting sororites against one another.

By: NO
by: defensiveAug 18, 2015 12:36:51 AM

looks like an AGD discovered this thread.. and is liking her own posts over and over

By: defensive
by: HelloAug 18, 2015 1:25:03 AM

Someone please define "grade risk". I'm sure it is not the same for each sorority.

By: Hello
#10  by: @defensive   

More like defend! It's just so silly to post negative things that are completely untrue. We ALL got GREAT pledge classes! Let's stop trying to destroy one another's reputation. This website says Theta is the bottom at Auburn, but I saw a pledge class of beautiful happy girls AND very diverse! Let's build one another up!

By: @defensive
by: funnyAug 18, 2015 2:25:01 PM

it also appears that groups are putting other groups as having the best class just to get negative posts

By: funny

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.