facebook

sorority reputations- not rankings!

by: Katherine

I am attending Auburn from out of state (West Coast) next fall. I want to rush, but literally know nothing about the Auburn Greek system. I don't care about being in the "hottest" or "top" house, but I am not a crazy partier. What are the reputations of each house? You don't need to bash, simply KKG- Mostly Southern girls, very involved on campus, tight sisterhood, not into raging or something similar will do. I'm just nervous because one of my friends rushed at a California school because she met a great DG (who ended up being her big) during recruitment, and then after pledging found out that it was one of the craziest sororities on campus, was on probation, and they were called "Dirty Girls" by all the frats and ended up not enjoying her greek experience. I don't want that!

Posted By: Katherine
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: opinion   

None of the sororities have a bad rep at Auburn. There are a couple that tend to be known for going out more, (PiPhi DZ Zeta maybe) but that doesn't mean they have a bad rep. The rest are very well rounded and not too much difference between them. Most houses are known for being conservative at AU. Go through rush and see who you like for yourself!

(copied from a post on here)
Grades are: XO, AGD
Social Life: Phi Mu, Pi Phi
Competitive: AGD, XO, ADPi, Phi Mu, KD
Looks/Status: Phi Mu, XO, KD, ADPi, Pi Phi, ZTA
Girls Next Door: AGD, XO, AOPi, ADPi, AXO, DG

or

Grades: AGD, XO, ADPi, AOPi, AXO, DG, ZTA
Social Life: Phi Mu, Pi Phi, EK, GPB, DDD, DZ
Diversity: AOPi, ZTA, DG, Theta, AZD
Best Philanthropy Events: ZTA, DG, GPB, Theta
Competitive: AGD, Phi Mu, KD, ZTA, DDD
Looks/Status: Phi Mu, XO, KD, ADPi, Pi Phi
Girls Next Door: AGD, AOPi, AXO, DG, ZTA
Fun Girls: Pi Phi, EK, DDD, GPB, DZ
Best mix of all types: Kappa

By: opinion
by: /Dec 1, 2012 11:44:43 PM

I know alpha xi delta is a sorority at auburn... do they not fit in to any of those categories?

By: /
by: yes they doDec 2, 2012 5:30:07 PM

Alpha Xi is AZD. They are listed as a diverse group. Although I disagree with Kappa being the only group listed as best mix, almost every group has a good mix of all types.

By: yes they do
by: RomneyRyanFeb 17, 2013 3:51:46 PM

Replying to /:
They don't seem to have a specific type of girl if this is what this user means by diversity, but Id disagree with a few of this users opinions... Id put them in the Philanthropy group or Fun group. Arent they the only sorority that lets their pledges go to the bars? But theyre the sorority that people forget about sometimes.

I'd but ZTA in looks, take them out of diversity and girls next door (not at all)...
DDD competitive? No.
The last Theta philanthropy event I went to sucked... but I'd throw them in with Kappa, they're basically the same sorority in my mind.

By: RomneyRyan
#2  by: All   

I promise that you will find something great about every sorority if you have a positive attitude and avoid getting caught up in gossip. You will not find a sorority at Auburn that has a house filed with one type of girl!

By: All
#3  by: Sidney   

They are all good. It is silly to ask which are good since those members will rank groups accordingly. Be lucky if you get in any of them. If you are listing groups the groups (I notice that ZTA is in almost every group above)...then you are probably in that group. My group is great..but I don't have to make a list to know it. You will know what you want when you get here!

By: Sidney
#4  by: augirl   

Just know there's a lot of overlap. For instance, ZTA and DZ are both known for going out a lot, but ZTA is one of the most philanthropic sororities on campus and DZ is really high in grades. The way rush and sororities are set up at Auburn, you almost always get an accurate feel for what each sorority is like. For example, you meet multiple girls in each chapter, learn about their philanthropy, see personality in the skit, etc.

I know maybe 3 girls out of dozens and dozens and dozens that dropped out of their sorority freshman year. Unlike many schools, all the sororities are super cool and diverse! Also, Auburn rush is great and almost always puts you exactly where you need to be!

By: augirl
#5  by: Also   

Everything you read is true. I know girls that have never drank in their lives in some of the sororities people think are the more party ones and girls that go to drink specials every week in the more "good girl" groups. You will find something you love anywhere. It's not like that at all schools, but it truly is like that here. PS, do not judge any rep that a sorority has at schools around you to their chapter at Auburn. I know the west coast has different priorities than we do in the south, and I'd hate for you to miss out because they are different back home!

By: Also
#6  by: Okay   

You have already identified yourself as someone coming from the west coast. There are not that many girls who attend Auburn from the west coast. It would not be hard to figure out who you are during recruitment. my advice to you is to just focus on being the best you, and come here with an open mind and heart. All of the sororities at Auburn are great........it REALLY is TRUE. I know that may be hard to believe, but it is so true!congratulations on choosing Auburn! It is the best decision you will ever make! War Eagle!

By: Okay
#7  by: Thoughts   

Since you're from the West Coast, you might be more interested in one of the "diverse" groups.. being from out of state, I joined a sorority that had girls from a lot of different areas, and that made me feel more comfortable. I know all sororities pull from different places, but some do some more than others. While the South is AWESOME, it's nice to have someone in your sorority who is from a northern/western state who can relate to you. But, that's just what worked for me! I say rush and don't stress about it; if you decide sorority life isn't for you, there's still so many ways to get involved on campus! Auburn is just awesome in general :) War Eagle & Good Luck!

By: Thoughts
#8  by: Out of State   

Go to the AU Greek site and review their recruitment process. You will see it is a week-long process with an opportunity to meet with girls from each sororotity. As the selection process continues there are multiple opportunities to spend time with the same sorority. There are a lot of girls going through recruitment and it can be an emotional week however trust in the process. Chances are you will end up exactly where you should be. Good luck!

By: Out of State
#9  by: .   

KD is the best sorority on Auburn's campus

By: .
by: ....Feb 3, 2013 12:10:11 AM

^^^^^^obviously we can guess what sorority that person is in.....

By: ....
by: NoJul 17, 2015 7:50:42 PM

Negative

By: No
#10  by: LK   

Why in the world are you coming to Auburn? There are sooooo many better schools out there--including others in the southeast--if that is what you are looking for.

By: LK
by: .....Feb 7, 2013 6:50:51 PM

was wondering the same thing....

By: .....
by: Question?Feb 7, 2013 8:06:12 PM

If you as a stalker dislike Auburn so much...why are you on here all the time? Seems like you would not have any time to rank groups here and comment (as you mentioned in other posts that Auburn must not have anything going on) ...so, your school not have anything for you to do or do you just not have anything to do but go rank other schools? (Same person posting this and below connected to it.)

By: Question?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.