facebook

to pnms who were released

by: Alum Member

I've met a lot of PNMs this week who were released entirely from recruitment after Rounds 2 and 3. For them, I am sure, looking at all these women lamenting losing one house on their schedule that they liked must be heartbreaking. PNMs, if you had any houses who kept you until prefs, who saw something in you and valued it - you should be so very proud. That's an accomplishment. Complaining and whining that it's not the house you think you deserve only makes it very clear that the house that kept you deserves better than reluctant, whiny new members and hurts the women who may have LOVED that house but been dropped from it.
PNMs who were released entirely - please, please, do not turn your anger and disappointment into hatred for the Greek system as a whole. What happens during recruitment does not in any way correlate to your individual self worth. You are beautiful, brilliant, funny, and engaging and you are absolutely deserving of sisterhood and love. Just because you fell through the cracks this year does not devalue you as a person. I know from experience that it's hard to pick yourself up and move on after something as painful as a full release, and I know you may be rightfully angry and blaming the entire system. But everything does happen for a reason, and there are thousands of ways to get involved at UF. A sorority is one way, but not the only way. Please continue to chase your passions - do Gator Growl staff, do DM, volunteer, be a RA or a TA - don't let this one

Posted By: Alum Member
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Alum Member   

...setback crush your spirit. If it's meant to be, it will be. And don't forget Gamma Phi Beta! Maybe you are destined to lead a new sorority as a founding member. In any case, we love you, we appreciate you, and we think you're wonderful. Enjoy all that UF has to offer. <3

By: Alum Member
#2  by: Dropped PNM    

As someone who just got her phone called saying she's been released please be humble ladies. Take whatever bid you get and please wait and see how you feel during the new member period before you decline to be initiated. Take the blessing of being given a bid and see it through for those of us that can't. I appreciate this post more than you know and it made me cry in such a good way.

By: Dropped PNM
by: Alum MemberAug 25, 2015 12:14:12 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, mystery PNM. ❤️ Sending so much sisterly love to you tonight!

By: Alum Member
by: AlumAug 25, 2015 4:01:33 AM

You sound like a wonderful person. I hope you try Gamma Phi Beta

By: Alum
#3  by: Girl   

^^ Keep your head up!!! Trust me I was once in your shoes. You just have to learn from your experience and grow from it<3

By: Girl
#4  by: Alum   

All of the above is very true, ladies. I was a member of Pi Phi when the chapter recolonized at UF. I pledge the chapter as a sophomore and had the opportunity to become an instant leader. We didn't have a house but boy did we have an amazing sisterhood! We had the unique opportunity to build our own traditions, we had socials with top tier fraternities, date functions, formals, homecoming partners, etc. When invites go out from Gamma Phi Beta, please take the opportunity to meet with them and explore this possibility. Also, there are many ways to get involved at UF. It is such a fabulous and welcoming place to learn and grow. Good luck to you all!

By: Alum
by: Alum TooAug 25, 2015 6:53:29 AM

I colonized as a junior and it was an awesome two years and one of my fondest college memories. So glad I gave the new chapter a try. PNMs are fortunate to have the option of GPB!!!!

By: Alum Too
by: Alum TooAug 25, 2015 7:01:37 AM

I colonized as a junior and it was an awesome two years and one of my fondest college memories. So glad I gave the new chapter a try. PNMs are fortunate to have the option of GPB!!!!

By: Alum Too
#5  by: DISCOUTS   

christian louboutin cheap cheap michael kors christian louboutin outlet The Nasdaq composite rose or 0 cheap oakleys cheap christian louboutin christian louboutin cheap border last summer, sparking a political crisis in the United States cheap michel kors bags cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin shoes s a good chance you michael kors handbags outlet christian louboutin outlet oakleys outlet The ship, which docked in San Pedro early in the day, will undergo a deep cleaning before embarking on its next voyage Sunday night, Lomax said michael kors outlet cheap christian louboutin shoes cheap christian louboutin outlet

By: DISCOUTS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.