facebook

sk sorority

by: IncomingFreshman

How hard is it to get into Sigma Kappa or Chi Omega?

Posted By: IncomingFreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

Not that hard. they are the 2 most sought after sororities though pre-rush, but they recruit different types of girls.

By: Truth
#2  by: honest   

SK- Must be either attractive or super outgoing
XO- Must be smart. Being Indian helps also.

By: honest
#3  by: letsbeREALhonest   

Chi o really looks out for grades. They see that if you took the time and dedication to focus in high school then you will be focused in college. They are really trying to get a more well rounded girl.

From my experience SK gets one or the other. Some of their girls are great...but I have also seen some of their girls be really poor examples.

By: letsbeREALhonest
#4  by: honest sorority gal   

honestly SK and XO are the most sought after, to include DZ, but being well rounded and being honest about where you feel at home will really help they will know and so will you

By: honest sorority gal
#5  by: Honest XO Sister   

I'm in one of the chapters you mentioned and I'm going to come straight out and say that if you go into recruitment looking to get into the two most popular chapters on campus, don't be surprised when you're disappointed.

I'm 100% happy and thrilled where I am, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be 100% happy and thrilled to be in a different chapter if my recruitment had turned out that way.

I have friends in the Panhellenic community and let me be the first to tell you that the "rankings" aren't all they're cracked up to be and just because these chapters are ranked more "highly" doesn't mean you're going to have a better experience in them or find a better sisterhood in them than in the other chapters on campus. There are such sweet, kind, sisterly girls in more than two chapters on this campus and you're doing a disservice to yourself and the whole Greek community by being so focused on a couple of the chapters. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that any PNM would like to be part of my group, but at the same time I think that getting into certain "highly ranked" groups shouldn't be anyone's main focus. It's the wrong focus to have.

The only way that the rankings would matter to you so much is if you're someone whose main concern is about gaining fake/perceived prestige, but in that case I wouldn't want you as my sister anyway.

So my honest recommendation would be to get an attitude adjustment.

By: Honest XO Sister

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.