facebook

can you rush and play a sport?

by: froshsportychic

Is it possible to rush and play a sport? going to be a freshmen girl next year and want to rush but also am playing a sport. can I do both or are they both too time consuming? Is there any sororities which seek out athletes? will being an athlete help or hurt during rush?

Posted By: froshsportychic
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

Hey there! There are a handful of girls who do play sports and are sorority members! I know of multiple swimmers who are in different sororities. Both are big time commitments and require a lot of dedication though, so many athletes opt to not join a sorority. But I would advise you to see how your first semester goes, see if you can balance your schoolwork and your athletic responsibilities and by the time spring rush rolls around, see if you think you have the time/energy for a sorority! I wouldn't say that any sororities "seek out" athletes, but during rush it really helps to have things that make you stand out, and being a student athlete is definitely memorable! :) Best of luck, I hope you have a great first year and do what's best for you, whether that's rushing or not!

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.