facebook

does phi psi haze?

by: Laf PNM

So Phi Psi is my top choice right now before fall rush, and I want to ask the question no one seems to answer... how bad is the pledging at Phi Psi? I know it’s not as bad as DKE, but I am wondering how much I will be respected at phi psi if I say no to doing something and whether the tasks are reasonable and not too ridiculous and would cause me to do poorly in class from no sleep... could someone please answer my questions? I would really appreciate it! Thanks everyone!

Posted By: Laf PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: laf girl   

i don't know from experience, but my friends in dke phi psi and fiji all definitely seemed sleep deprived. for phi psi in particular, the newest pc seems like it really brought them together and strengthened the brotherhood

By: laf girl
by: Yeah rightMay 18, 2019 5:41:19 PM

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is funny

By: Yeah right
by: Original posterMay 22, 2019 4:24:03 PM

Thanks for your response! Do you know if they were respected if they said no to doing something during pledging? Also, do you know if the new member period is actually 3 weeks like the college says?? Thanks for your time!

By: Original poster
by: Original posterMay 22, 2019 4:25:51 PM

To “yeah right,” why did you laugh? Is Laf girl’s response not true? What is your thoughts on phi psi and whether they haze??

#2  by: Nah   

There’s no hazing at Lafayette

By: Nah
by: Original posterMay 22, 2019 4:21:52 PM

I know that the college says this, but is this actually true? Can someone give a honest answer??

#3  by: overheard   

I’ve heard from a Phi Psi brother himself that their hazing is not that bad at all (it’s also about 7 weeks or however long the older brothers want it to last) and definitely not nearly as bad as DKE’s hazing.

By: overheard
by: Original PosterMay 26, 2019 11:04:33 PM

Thanks for your response “overheard”! Do you know if it’s less likely for me to get a bid since I wasn’t dirty rushed? Also, do you know if they are cool with focusing on school when exams, papers or projects are coming during Pledging? Thanks again!

By: Original Poster
by: ChillMay 29, 2019 12:31:46 AM

In response to the Original Poster, You're really thinking about rush in the wrong way. I can't speak for phi psi specifically but for greek life in general your chances of getting a bid from any house on campus rely much heavier on your ability to be sociable and connect with the current members. Not dependent solely on connections you've made your first year at College. Nothing to do with odds or "less likely", it depends on how well you communicate and get on Frats' radar.

By: Chill

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.