facebook

friend in sorority?

by: curious

how much does having a friend in a sorority actually help in terms of getting in

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmmm   

A lot

By: Hmmm
#2  by: Disagree   

I’d say honestly not that much

By: Disagree
by: HuhJul 7, 2018 4:17:08 PM

I guess what matters the most during rush then?

By: Huh
by: I guessJul 7, 2018 9:59:57 PM

^^ probably your rep as a freshman

By: I guess
by: mhmAug 3, 2018 1:54:12 AM

^ freshmen girls: watch out if you got with any older boys. don't want to tread on any sorority girls' toes. definitely hurts some people in rush

By: mhm
by: ^^^Aug 4, 2018 10:32:27 AM

While I agree that it’s ridiculous to care about who hooked up with who, the reality is some sororities DO care. I know this, I’m in a sorority and mine does care. This is not true for everyone obviously but it’s impossible to say who someone hooks up with won’t impact the way others feel about them, either consciously or unconsciously. that being said, you shouldn’t want to be in a sorority that will be hostile towards you once you’re there over someone you’ve hooked up with.

By: ^^^
by: ^^^^Aug 5, 2018 10:53:21 PM

in the end, it's what the girls in that sorority think of you that either helps you or hurts you. it doesn't always happen but i have definitely seen girls lose out on a bid for getting with someone's ex. i agree it's stupid as it's a small school and social circles overlap all the time, but just be wary. as long as you're outgoing and cool during rush, you won't have any problems

By: ^^^^
#3  by: Honest   

It matters for kappa but all the other ones will give you a chance even if they don’t know you

By: Honest
by: freshman girl Aug 3, 2018 10:40:59 AM

I am a freshman girl and I noticed DG girls always dirty rushing people which made me nervous because they didn't dirty rush me... do you think ill be okay?

By: freshman girl
by: ^Aug 5, 2018 8:40:09 PM

you'll be fine. sororities can't know every freshman girl. just be really outgoing during rush

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.