facebook

Will KSU frats ever be as good as they used to be?

by: ??

My older sister was a Phi Mu here and she came to visit my fraternities tailgates. She was pretty disappointed, and couldn't believe that Greek life parties are as bad as they are now. My fraternity is seen as the best on campus, and I didn't believe that parties could be that much bigger outside of SEC schools.

I thought that until she showed me old Instagram stories and Snapchat stories of Kappa Sigma having a fire truck and packed tailgates, she showed me a joint party that Kappa Sigma and Pike had at west where the courtyard the units and the parking lot were packed. She even showed me a Delt party that was way better than anything they are throwing now. I also looked at the old school academic reports when I rushed 2 years ago and saw that it was common for 3 sometimes 4 groups to have sizes over 100 people. We don't have as many groups with that much, idk if there are any over 100.

I know that we had like 5 fraternities either kicked off or on probation for awhile, but do any of you think that we will ever be as good chapter size, party and tailgate wise as it was 9 years ago when my sister graduated?

Posted By: ??
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 5 to a row   

Increased police presence at west/haven and the stadium have killed any big parties/tailgates.

The school suspended or killed charters for 3 of the 4 most popular Greek chapters, KS (couldn't stop hazing but honestly didn't deserve it), PKA (they threw so many joints with OX where they got into trouble, definitely deserved it), and DTD (deserved their suspension, still here but are weak) are all either gone or a shell of themselves.

PKP is the last great fraternity here and it's not enough for one group to throw all of the best events. That limits Greek life's exposure and decreases it's overall popularity.

Enough time has past since 2019 to where even if these groups were to come back no one would get excited over it and it wouldn't fix KSU favoring/protecting creepy groups like OX and SN while over policing everyone else and killing the good chapters.

By: 5 to a row
#2  by: Transfer   

If you want to party then dont go to ksu. If you want a greek life experience i would go to UNG Oconee for a year or two (if your coming in as a freshman) and/or transfer to UGA

By: Transfer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.