facebook

sorority informal rushing

by: Girl

I didn't rush in the spring but some girls in different sororities had told me there's some sort of informal rush in the fall, how true is this and what is that kind of rush like? Also who would participate?

Posted By: Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RollSpides   

I graduated this past May but when I was there, the girls that rushed in fall generally had a decent amount of friends in whatever sorority that they "rushed". It didn't seem to be a formal process, from what I heard, but I was in a fraternity so I don't know first-hand. People that participate in fall rush were generally unsure about spring rush freshmen year, then their friends joined one, then they wanted to join as a result. I knew a girl who rushed fall of her senior year. Hope this helped.

By: RollSpides
#2  by: greek   

the sororities that do informal rush in the fall give out something called snap bids. not all sororities do it during fall, just some do if they have some open spots due to people dropping out of the sorority for various reasons (transfers, etc). Also, KD is doing a more formal recruitment this fall because it's a brand new chapter to campus. going through formal recruitment vs taking a snap bid is just a personal choice thats up to the girl.

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.