facebook

pledging at 21?

by: older

I took some time off school and I will be attending when I am 20 or 21. Am I too old to pledge? Are there any sororities that will even consider me?

Posted By: older
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends?   

It all depends on the sorority and yourself. If you'll be a freshman or sophomore it shouldn't be that big if a deal. Some houses will care while others will not. Just be yourself and be honest. You should find a nice fit.

It's too bad some sororities may hold that against you. I know plenty of guys who pledged 21 and older and they had no problems getting bids

By: Depends?
#2  by: Jiji   

So are you coming in as a freshman? Like, you're planning on being in college for the next 3-4 years? If so, it might not be a huge deal. Keep in mind your fellow pledges would all be mostly 18 and 19 year olds. For some people that's a giant difference in maturity and priorities, for others, not so much.

There's been an increased interest in greek life at URI, and more upperclassmen are rushing after they realized they missed out. Don't think it's a huge deal.

By: Jiji

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.