facebook

sorority “stereotypes”

by: pnm

My friend from another school recommended me this website to go for this advice. I’m planning on rushing in the fall, and I’m super excited! However before going into it, I’m kinda curious as what the sorority stereotypes are in each chapter. I understand not every rumor is true, but out of curiosity I was wondering what the perception of these houses are? I went on insta and checked out the houses and I really liked delta zeta, zta, and kappa delta! How are these sororities known at uri, and what are some other good sororities with a strong sisterhood and philanthropy? Thanks guys!<3

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: um   

You are NOT going to get unbiased answers here.

By: um
#2  by: Hi    

I’m gonna try to be as unbiased as possible delta zeta is one of the top sororities it’s like ranked number 3 by majority of ppl at uri. Zeta is more mid tier around number 4 or 3 kind of interchangeable with delta zeta. Kappa delta is more of a lower mid or mid sorority it is def the least popular out of those 3 probably ranked number 6 or 7. You can’t go wrong with any of those every sorority has a different vibe, you honestly have to wait for rush to truly know what sororities you like.

By: Hi
#3  by: True    

I would say what “Hi” said was true and pretty unbiased. The top sororities at uri are alpha delta pi, sigma delta tau, and delta zeta. Those have the typical stereotypical top sorority reputations. The mid tier ones are a little different they are the sororities such as zeta, sigma kappa, kappa delta, alpha xi delta. Those ones are known to kind of be the fall out of the top tier sororities. And the bottom tier sororities are sororities like phi sigma sigma, chi omega, delta phi epsilon, alpha chi omega.

By: True
#4  by: Sue    

First, when you’re rushing you will get a feel for each sorority as you go through the process. Just because you get a good feeling/feel comfortable in a house doesn’t mean every girl will feel the same. You could love a house and your roommate could not like it at all. The goal of rush is to end up in a sorority with people who have similar interests as you. If you’re really into photography and the arts you would probably love to be with a group of woman who were into that as well as opposed to a group who were into sports (these are just random examples). So go with you gut and be honest with your rankings.

During rush you are going yo hear about “top tier” and “best” sororities. These terms mean nothing because what is best for you is being with people who you click with.

There are groups of sororities that are similar in the interests of the women who end up in them.

DPhiE , PhiSig, AchiO - their interest sets are a bit more varied than a stereotypical sorority girl, very sweet, great sisterhood for the most part

ADPi, SDT, DZ, ZTA- typical sorority interest sets, more concerned with fashion/name brands, party scene is a high priority

sK, KD, AXID, ChiO- typical college interest sets, great sisterhood, party scene is fun

None of them are “better” than the others but rather will be a better fit based on what you are looking for.

By: Sue

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.