Chi O
Phi Sig - they are gettig better
AXiD
Kappa Delta - they are new to uri and not the prettiest but they have potential

Posted By: oh
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: or   

the "really pretty girls" were ex AXO pledges and they didn't want to take them or the "really pretty girls" were wild children with bad grades and worse morals and they didn't want that for the chapter.

By: or
by: curiousFeb 26, 2014 6:24:38 PM

how did they manage to analyze who the "wild" girls lacking in morals were in three rounds? Did they ask "what are your morals?" during recruitment?

By: curious
by: fcsFeb 26, 2014 7:58:36 PM

How does YOUR house manage to analyze that in three rounds of recruitment? Besides, several of the interest group members made no attempt to hide their "extracurricular activities" on social media, which was just stupid.

By: fcs
by: curiousFeb 26, 2014 9:11:47 PM

MY house, is an established chapter and each sister knows what we look for in our house, plus, it's really about who we connect with, because we know we have to spend a lot of time with the new girls, and we don't want any awkwardness because there's no connection. It's not like with a new chapter where after a year or whatever, the national reps leave. Plus we don't look at social media, it's stupid. Everyone has dumb pix, and we could care less about who enjoys partying. Like yea, they're asked to clean up their profiles if they join, but everyone enjoys a little bit of the wild side in their 20's, no one has the right to judge someone for partying, just like no one has the right to judge someone for not partying.

By: curious
by: LlFeb 26, 2014 9:23:11 PM

So that's your deep analysis? You can just "tell" what you are looking for because you've been around for so long? You don't think the educated national reps have equal or superior insight? I know the deep bonds of similar clothing and hairstyles and no awkward conversations about the same music/clothing/etcetera in five minute blocks during house tours is all you need to get a deep read on someone core values.

By: Ll
#12  by: For Realz   

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about not wanting to own up to their stereotypes. Stereotypes are generated from a facet of truth. Therefore if you are the pretty sorority, the less attractice sorority, the most intelligent (in terms of house GPA), or the awkward house, there is a basis of truth. Alpha Phi and ADPi are considered "top" sororities because they've wanted that spot. They specifically look for the pretty girls, and have good philanthropy and sisterhood. If you are bottom tier, then perhaps there is a facet of truth to that as well. I mean, if you look around, and notice that you are missing what "top tier" houses have, then work together collectively to move up. Or if you don't care, and you love your sorority for what you are, then good for you guys. But coming on here and bashing each other is highly immature. And tbh, I highly doubt it's top tier sororities that are doing it, they don't have to prove themselves, they already did. I think it's most likely mid-bottom tier sororities trying to one up each other.

By: For Realz
#13  by: Not true   

There are plenty of posts on this site from top tier houses. When you are at the top, the only way to go is down. And there are some middle tiered houses knocking on their doors and they know it (cue the "dz will never be top tier" discussions on who is number one: Alpha Phi or ADPi ( guarantee the bottom tier could care less!) To say that they don't have vested interest in ranking is silly. One you get to the top, the challenge is to stay there. Do you honestly think that they are allowing everyone else to talk and not be a part of the conversation when it directly pertains to them? To make statements that they are too top to participate is naive. They have to protect themselves, and I am sure at times it comes at the expense of some other house.

By: Not true
#14  by: chez   

ew kd sucks :(

By: chez
by: mehApr 6, 2014 4:48:03 PM

^ sort of agree, but can't really tell yet.

By: meh
by: mmhmApr 6, 2014 11:41:19 PM

gunna go out on a limb and agree with this...they have not made a very good first impression

By: mmhm
#15  by: ..   

Phi Sig is NOT getting better!!!

By: ..
by: yupApr 17, 2014 6:07:34 PM

I think it's official that AZD is above Phi Sig....everyone can bicker all they want, this is the current ranking of sororities:

APhi
ADPi
DZ
SDT
SK
ZTA
XO
AZD
PhiSig
KD

By: yup
by: ^^^Apr 19, 2014 4:24:25 PM

close to perfect as you're gonna get.

By: ^^^
by: ThisApr 23, 2014 1:29:42 PM

After this semester AXiD may have surpassed Phi Sig!

By: This

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.