facebook

spring rush

by: frosh

I'm a freshman who didn't rush in the fall and wishes they did! All my friends are in sororities and I've realized now that I really want to be in one. When will I hear which sororities are accepting a spring pledge class? Will a lot of them be?

Posted By: frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: uhmmmm...   

after winter break, most do it! Last year basically all houses did.

By: uhmmmm...
#2  by: frosh   

even if so many girls rushed in the fall?

By: frosh
#3  by: .   

Every house is full now, but almost everyone has graduates, people that transfer, etc. most houses will do spring rush to fill those spots.

By: .
#4  by: ...   

Not true. Axd has already decided they aren't doing spring rush, and a lot of other sororities probably won't either.

By: ...
#5  by: .   

Trust me, several houses will take classes, even If they are small. It sounds like there is a decent interest in spring rush, a house would be foolish not to take a small class if they have the space and the interest. With fewer spaces, it does take more competitive though. If your friends are in a house you want to be in, best thing is to spend time there and get to know the g

By: .
#6  by: no   

Almost every sorority took more pledges then they were supposed to, so it's not likely.

By: no
#7  by: Idiots   

Obv none of you are in Greek life or your panhel delegate is ass because they raised ceiling to 115 so Houses could do spring rush to accommodate the axo pledges from this fall to have another chance at rush

By: Idiots
#8  by: no.   

the axo pledges from this fall can't rush again until next fall because they already accepted bids. So no, ceiling hasn't been raised.

By: no.
by: GsNov 15, 2013 10:59:03 AM

Speaking from someone who attends panhel meetings I can say you have been misinformed. Ceiling has raised to 115. Get your facts right. And the axo pledges can rush in the spring

By: Gs
#9  by: ^   

In the circumstances where a chapter looses it's charter (as AXO did), the pledges were never initiated and cannot be made alums. Given the extenuating circumstances, is within panhel's power to allow them to rush again. It is also within their power to raise ceiling (with a vote) to accommodate this.

By: ^
by: ^Nov 12, 2013 6:57:22 AM

This person knows what they're talking about. +1 for correct information.

By: ^
#10  by: frosh   

So has ceiling been raised?

By: frosh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.