facebook

rushing.

by: Fresh

I will be a freshman at URI this fall and am looking to rush a frat. I just wanted to get some more in depth opinions on which fraternity would fit me best. I've been told by many that I am "Frat" material, of course I want to experience a really strong social and party life in a frat but I'm also looking to create the brotherhood and have a positive involvement in the community. So based on all that what fraternities do you think I should shoot for a bid in?
Thanks for the help,

Posted By: Fresh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: meh   

Sounds like SAE, sig Chi or sigep material.

By: meh
#2  by: lol   

you basically described every frat that ever existed. you'll n eed to be more specific than just that......

By: lol
#3  by: sad   

Just avoid AEPi, theta Chi, and ato. They are small feats with poor social standing.

By: sad
#4  by: Ya   

Sae might be the one for you or sigma pi

By: Ya
#5  by: o.o   

I heard SAE is a bit on the dramatic side and a bit lacking on the brotherhood compared to others on campus. They have a good social life though. I heard Sigma Chi is getting a new house so they're more of the "up and coming" if that's your thing. ZBT and Fiji have decent brotherhood too and are pretty well established on campus. That said, Sigma Chi and SAE have the biggest nationals so if future networking is your thing I'd keep that in mind. I would recommend doing some research on a chapter's nationals before accepting a bid from anyone.

Best advice is to go to freshman greek day (Freek Day) and meet some of the brothers. You'll hear what they have to say and you'll realize who really has what. Just make sure you ask questions. Especially those about community involvement and brotherhood. Once you ask those types of questions you'll realize the guys your looking for. All fraternities party. What you're looking for doesn't describe all the chapters on campus.

Most importantly, I wouldn't take anything on this site to seriously. It's mostly just "let's bash the other fraternity" and not much else.

Good luck in finding the group right for you.

By: o.o
#6  by: hey   

All the Fraternities at URI have their strengths and weaknesses. Some party harder than others, while some have better brotherhood than others. Like o.o said, don't take a lot on this site seriously as it is mostly frats bashing other frats. Freek Day is one of the most important events in where you get to meet a lot of the guys. And make sure you talk to EVERYONE and not just a couple of the Fraternities. Believe me, as a senior in Greek Life I cannot stress enough how important of an event it is to meet the guys in each Fraternity before you decide to rush one. Remember, only you can get a true opinion on the type of guys each frat has by meeting them, not listening to biased opinions by other Greek Life members on this site.

By: hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.