facebook

rushing again?

by: help

Last year I rushed in the fall as a freshmen. I was a little shy and awkward. Regardless, I thought I clicked with a lot of houses. But I was cut by all the houses but one after the first round. I was devastated, and decided to drop out.

Now I will be a sophomore and I am considering rushing again. I consider myself average-above average in looks, I have a decent GPA, and I have become more outgoing and confident after finishing a year of college. Should I rush again? Would the outcome be any different? What exactly are they looking for?

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: help   

to clarify, this is a question about the sororities. Thank you

By: help
#2  by: uhmmmm...   

it will be kinda awkward because sometimes the houses do remember you, if you were very distinguishable. Since you finished a year of school at uri already, do you know any girls who are in sororities that you may want to join? Word of mouth is very important in greek life, so if you know someone in the house and get along well with them its a huuuuge help. Rushing as a sophomore can be a disadvantage, but unless youre gpa is at least a 3.3 or better and your style and looks is up to part then you'll be fine.

By: uhmmmm...
by: sorostitute Sep 17, 2013 1:18:58 AM

GPA doesn't matter in the top sororities

By: sorostitute
#3  by: huhhh   

I agree with the above comment. See it's the girl's job to be outgoing and friendly to you so it is no surprise that you clicked with all of them but what you may have lacked is excitement and confidence. If you showed no signs of excitement then you can consider yourself cut. What may have seemed like really outgoing for you could have been really quiet and shy for them. You are at a disadvantage with being a sophomore but nearly every house has to accept at least one sophomore as part of the panhel quota. You just gotta really want it or else you won't get a bid. I highly suggest that you rush again because I know that I have become a different person thanks to college too and if I waited till my sophomore year I probably would have been a lot less awkward too.

By: huhhh
#4  by: No   

Would you mind saying the sorority that didnt cut you? I havent ever really heard of someone getting cut from all but one just after one round... quite strange. You had to have seemed too shy or something...............

By: No
#5  by: help   

It was Chi O

By: help
#6  by: wondering   

Did you rush this fall?

By: wondering

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.