facebook

real talk

by: saysomething

Greek Life here at URI needs a lot of improvements. Starting internal business to public affair. This website is not meant for fraternities to bash on other fraternities and same goes for sororities. We are greeks, and we should just support eachother and have fun in our undergrad years. If we are here to bash on one another, we are never going to improve. Also don't judge a fraternity or sorority based on look or party rocks. Fraternity is a place just for partying, it's about brotherhood. Being part of a fraternity here I really wish I can do something to fix this, we are in college, this is not those childish year of high school anymore, grow up and acct like a gentleman

Posted By: saysomething
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: saysomething   

spelling check: fraternities are not a place to just partying, it's all about brotherhood. don't rate fraternities based on which house parties the most or have best looks.

By: saysomething
#2  by: coolstory   

Cool story bro. Tell another

By: coolstory
#3  by: lotsoffeelings   

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

By: lotsoffeelings
#4  by: Ontosomething   

You might be onto something here. The problem is that the Greek system contains a large volume of people. Those people coming from different socio-economic backgrounds and of differing maturity levels. So whilst you make a lot of great points. For many people in the Greek system; they never grew out of their high school tendencies. Now every house has people with good heads on their shoulders that are open minded and non-judgmental. But also, in the real world; you know, outside college. You do get judged for how you look and who you hang out with. You get judged all the time. Also the Greek system by nature creates competition between houses and that'd be hard pressed to die. Greek life is about brotherhood, but its also exclusionary(rush/bids? see what i mean).

By: Ontosomething
#5  by: fratguywhosereal   

preach. because of the few, the many get a bad view. A majority of people in URI's greek system are great people. They get a bad name because of a few bad instances that involves a minuscule fraction of people in greek life, but the outside perspective can easily see it as being the majority. but the beautiful thing is, anyone involved can change it. If someone sees the problem in greek life they can take their organization and make it better. greek life is the perfect microcosm of the real world: not perfect, and full of issues. however, as a complete entity, a positive experience to go through

By: fratguywhosereal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.