facebook

national news??

by: A reflection on all

Well supposedly this is going to national news-which most everyone hoped would not happen. It is a horrendous reflection of greek life-and reinforces what so many think. Hats off to those, few, that are defending the actions of a select few-grow up. And kudos to that group of APhis that have caused this controversy. For those -FEW- that support. Obviously you are no where near graduation and going out into the 'real' world. As we all know-greek networking is huge-good luck to those leaving IOWA-mainly aphis-that are thinking of getting a decent job. This is bigger than most think. IF this truly does make national news-every parent will be thinking twice about allowing their daughters to go greek--and with APHI just being the largest sorority in the country-amazing that a small group can bring down the dedication of decades of women before them. This is a reflection on ALL sororities-not just one. THIS is what people have thought-and think.

Posted By: A reflection on all
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Right!   

They are all classless!
They'll never get jobs!

By: Right!
by: Yes, Right!Sep 10, 2015 7:28:00 PM

For those couple of sophomore education majors that are up there smiling, dancing and singing their song for all of the internet to see-yes, you are correct! They are classless! And will never get a teaching job in Iowa! But perhaps you would be ok with a teacher like that for your child-that talks about blacking out, getting it you know where-and wiping it in the morning? lol-c'mon-you sound ridiculously immature

By: Yes, Right!
by: HuhwutSep 10, 2015 7:32:19 PM

Wasn't I agreeing with you?

By: Huhwut
by: NoSep 10, 2015 8:53:42 PM

You were being sarcastic and trying to minimalize this. They are classless-and clearly if you are defending them-you are too.

By: No
by: SueSep 11, 2015 12:34:49 PM

Never get a job. My god you are sick. What is your grade point average?
I know some in the video and that have straight A's. The ones that are immature are the ones writing bad about these girls. Big deal the song was meant a joke and not to be taken seariously. Relax and have fun you uptight selfish person

By: Sue
#2  by: APhi   

Is not biggest. XO is. APhi is the most stupid.

By: APhi
#3  by: ??   

What??

By: ??
#4  by: Truth   

I want to write this as a PSA to Iowa Greek life, asking for everyone to swallow your pride and stop making this video go viral. I know it's hard not to want to make this public to show everyone why you're mad or why you might not like this chapter at the moment, but here's why it shouldn't shared:

First of all, you're making them an icon. Have you ever heard the phrase "keep talking, you're making me famous?" (or maybe its a lyric..?) Anyway, by sharing this content all over social media, you are just giving more of a reason for people to talk about it. After the Alabama Alpha Phi video went viral, I guarantee every single person on that campus knew that chapter. With that said, please do not send this video into Total Frat Move (TFM) or post it on Youtube or even send it to Panhellenic.

Why? Because first off, if you've seen it, Panhellenic has seen it and is already on top of it. Let the people we chose to run our Greek life appropriately, do their job. Second, because this is making all of Iowa Greek life look bad and this is why I am here to ask, no beg, for you to leave this alone.

Obviously you're going to talk about it with your pledge class group chat or to your roommates, and that's fine, but leave it off social media. The fact that this video was on TFM last night only hours after it was released shows how fast social media travels.

But guess what, this video isn't being titled "Alpha Phi Sorority Makes Bad Rap" every single article will have "The University of Iowa's Alpha Phi Chapter" in the headline and I can promise you that. This video is representing all of Iowa's Greek life in a negative light, especially to those who don't go to the University.

By: Truth
#5  by: Sue   

The song was meant as a joke and fun. Not to be taken so seriously. My god. Everyone needs to relax.

By: Sue
by: @ sueSep 11, 2015 12:49:09 PM

and by the attitude, I am guessing you are an alpha phi and this attitude being shown is why people are hating on it more. You guys are blowing it off like its normal for greek life to have this rep. Be mature.

By: @ sue
by: @ SueSep 12, 2015 9:05:10 PM

It was also suppose to be a joke and fun when SAE at Oklahoma was sing their chant and look what happen to then. The bottom line is it does NOT pay to make any type of video nowadays. It just get you more into trouble.

By: @ Sue
#6  by: PLEASE........   

This just confirms that Alpha Phi is the most classless sorority at UI. And here I thought the National Panhellanic Conference was suppose to educate and train their member Sororities to be good leaders, be professional and promote Greek unity amongst each other. Maybe Alpha Phi missed that part of the training.

By: PLEASE........
#7  by: Someone here   

is copying posts off GreekChat and posting them here. That's just creepy, not to mention WRONG. Copying what several people posted there and passing it off as yours - why would you even do that?

As for Alpha Phi, let their nationals and Iowa handle it. I'm sure they will.

By: Someone here
by: LolzzzSep 11, 2015 4:09:54 PM

Methinks you have a rat at your own site! Think about it-everyone here knows they are anonymous-no one says things they would say for real.

By: Lolzzz

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.