facebook

fall recruitment

by: herky24

Is it easy to get into a sorority as a Junior?

Posted By: herky24
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Info :)   

Yes & no.

Are you a junior by year or by credit hours? If you are old enough to be a junior but technically still a sophomore (or freshman, even) due to the amount of credit you have taken, there is a much better chance. Many houses (mine for example) cannot take juniors as a national policy but all chapters must meet a quota for how many sophomores they take.

Hope this helped!

By: Info :)
#2  by: Real talk    

Is it easy to get into a sorority as a junior? Yes ABSOLUTELY. Just don't get your sights set on it being a "good" one. There's nothing wrong with a lower tier house, but more often than not, this question is posed with the idea of top houses in mind.

Getting into your top choice sorority as a freshman is hard enough, as a junior it'll be next to impossible. At this point in your college experience, I would honestly say look elsewhere if you're expecting to be in a house that always makes/exceeds quota.

Getting a bid from a top house is just like any other aspect of life, you need to be well connected and market the absolute best version of yourself. If you choose to pursue rushing in the fall, best of luck. But it will not be easy.

By: Real talk
#3  by: JuniorStatus   

I will be a junior in the Fall as well and have given some thought to Sororities. Mostly I have been looking at the ones whose philanthropy I believe in. Could anyone give a good idea of which houses would be more likely to take juniors?

By: JuniorStatus

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.