facebook

cobs

by: Newbie

So I'm in a top tier house right now that I just got in. I'm not feeling it and am really considering dropping. If I did, would I be able to go through COB or informal or whatever? I really want to be in my second house

Posted By: Newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

No, you have a wait a year after you accepted your bid. Is it something where you just don't like the house? Maybe give its little more time!

By: No
#2  by: hi   

I would just give it some more time. When initiation comes, then make your decision.

By: hi
by: ^THISFeb 11, 2016 2:02:28 PM

Try to hang out more with girls in you pledge class too. Trust me it helps. And maybe talk to the New Member Educator about your concerns. That's what they're there for. Plus it gets more fun once you get a big :)

Hang in there! (but it you still feel uncomfortable before initiation, don't initiate)

By: ^THIS
#3  by: advise from a senior   

I'm just going to put it out there. This is like being recruited to play sports. The hard works starts after you make the team. It's not unusual to think to your self, "what did I get myself into?" What to do? Be an initiator-hang out with your pledge class, grab coffee with a couple of girls in your pledge class, go to the social stuff, MAKE AN EFFORT. You will not instantly become BFFs with everyone, but that's ok. Understand that you are not a pretty pretty princess, don't expect them to cater to you, and understand that it takes time and commitment-you will get out of it what you put into it. But it is so, so, so worth it. Hang in there!

By: advise from a senior
#4  by: Keep trying   

Definitely keep trying to make connections but if time doesn't help do NOT initiate because then you will never be able to be in any other chapter ever. Yes waiting a year to re-rush will suck but if the oranization isn't you then definitely don't commit.

By: Keep trying

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.