facebook

cut by every house

by: Cut by every house

I'm a sophomore and after the first meeting round of recruitment I only got called back to 6 houses and although they were considered low tier I didn't care because I had really liked them all except maybe one or two. It was aopi, axid, ddd, axo, gphib, dz. I went back to them all and felt pretty confident I had as good of conversations you can have with all of them. Then only got called to one of them on sisterhood round and even more shocked when I got dropped for that one post sisterhood. I had no idea that I was not connecting with these girls, I thought I was being super nice and was having a good conversation and helping it flow. Although there were two where I knew it wasn't going well. I don't think I'm bad looking and I bought brand new outfits to look my best for this. We mostly talked about school but that's because most of the time we had the same major and what else is there really to talk about but it felt like we bonded over future career goals or hobbies and TV shows. It's killing me and I just want to know how this happened?

Posted By: Cut by every house
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: not sure   

It sounds like you did almost everything you could. Did you have recs for houses? That always help you get a little edge above others. Did you talk to your rho gam.
Maybe you can try informal go from there, and if that doesn't work out there are so many other opportunities that OSU has to offer.

By: not sure
by: Cut by every houseJan 30, 2015 6:11:21 PM

I had no idea there was an option to turn in recs? Did a lot of girls do that?

By: Cut by every house
#2  by: apparently   

If you weren't familar with the greek life ie your parents weren't greek in college you should have read up on going greek. That would have maximized all your potential you should have researched going greek and you would have become familiar with recommendations (recs) usually get you through 2nd round regardless of what tier. OSU greek life tell you, you don't need a rec. but it sure helps.

By: apparently
#3  by: always next   

Always next year!

By: always next
by: hJan 31, 2015 7:20:41 PM

Yeah this. Just have to wait

By: h
#4  by: Grades   

First of all DDD is not lower tier. Ssecondly you were probably cut on grades. Many chapters cut anyone that was below a 3.0and other chapters cut at a higher GPA

By: Grades
by: Cut by every houseJan 31, 2015 9:30:19 AM

I have almost a 4.0

By: Cut by every house
#5  by: Keep Your Hrad Up   

This is so unfortunate and I can tell you are greatly troubled by it. Do not let this having happened define you in any way! The explanation could be one or more of many different things, even mistakes! Look for other opportunities for involvement and pour yourself into them. Our university has so much to offer, and, trust me, Greek life us by no means the be all end all Keep your head up and keep moving forward in your college journey.

By: Keep Your Hrad Up

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.