facebook

bid

by: a

do houses know if they got you just because you maximized your options. I know girls who only had one option and others that only had 2 like me and I feel like I wasn't at the tops of either of their lists

Posted By: a
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

They obviously know based on who they want extend a bid to and who they have to because of girls who maximized their options

By: Yes
by: aJan 27, 2015 4:16:26 PM

that just makes me feel awkward and like I don't belong now

By: a
by: Don't worryJan 27, 2015 4:22:13 PM

They wouldn't have invited you to preference round if they didn't see you as a member of their chapter! They obviously wanted you it's just hard because there can be like 150 girls going back on preference round and not everyone can be number one! Just enjoy your new sisterhood! It won't matter in a week or so, and it's not like everyone knows I promise. Who even knows if you were?! Just enjoy the new member experience. It's awesome!

By: Don't worry
#2  by: just   

just stick it out for this semester. you will grow to love it. dont give up just yet. at least in my chapter, we have no idea the order of our bid lists except for a handful of people, so we have no idea. it doesnt matter at this point. you and your pledge class all got to the same place no matter if you were #1 on their bid list or dead last on their bid list. make the best of it, get involved, and theyll forget all about where you were on it.

By: just
#3  by: babe   

In our sorority, only the recruitment chair, president and maybe a couple other officers know where everyone was ranked, and who maximized. The rest of the house has no clue as to who was a first list bid or not. Go in there with your head held high, and knock them dead! Just a bit of advice-don't go in all droopy and "oh woe is me, I'm not sure anyone will like me, I think I was the bottom of their list, wah, wah"-that attitude will make it very difficult for you to thrive there. Go in, be proud of yourself, have an open mind and a positive, friendly attitude, look to get involved, be the kind of girl that other pledges WANT to be friends with and it won't matter where you were on their list, as no one will care!

By: babe
#4  by: omg   

all this whinning OMG girls grow up!!!! Appreciate you are in a house and make the most of it and get over yourself. We all can't be number one.

Did you think maybe it is you. Doesn't matter where you were on the bid list, although all this complaining, maybe that's why your feeling like you do because your personality is sucky, it's a wonder you even got in a house.

By: omg
by: aJan 27, 2015 9:29:21 PM

I do think it is me. I don't think I really belong in one and I don't want to waste money paying to be somewhere I don't feel welcome at. I would love to fit in with these girls but it's hard knowing that they probably didn't want me and they all most likely know I was far down on their list and are disappointed I'm even there.

By: a
by: no..Jan 27, 2015 9:37:04 PM

That isn't how it is.. no one will be disappointed you are there. Even if you weren't top of the list trust me, the only one thinking about it at this point is you! Give it a little bit of time.

By: no..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.