facebook

sophomore rush

by: PNM

Honestly, is rushing as a sophomore as entirely horrible as everyone makes it out to be? I met so many girls in the houses who rushed as sophomores, and I'd think it'd give you an advantage to have friends in the houses.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sophomore rushing   

yes. i am rushing now, and am a sophomore, and all the other sophomores i've talked to have only been asked back to 4 houses MAX on sisterhood round- and at least 2 or 3 were in their bottoms. sophomores are much harder to take in

By: sophomore rushing
by: Soph pnmJan 25, 2015 5:22:19 PM

This is not true at all. I'm a sophomore and went through recruitment this week. I got asked back to 6 houses on sisterhood round, 4 of them being top-middle tier.

By: Soph pnm
#2  by: Also a sophomore rushing   

I know girls who had friends in the houses and if they don't have that much of an influence in the sorority then don't expect them to pull you through. I know a lot sophomores only got gamma phi back for this round. They just don't have that much room for sophomores anywhere else since it is traditional to rush as a freshman they want to give them the first bids and already have a lot of sophomores from the pledge class before

By: Also a sophomore rushing
#3  by: False   

I'm a sophomore with all top houses for pref round. If you didn't do anything during your first year like intern or study abroad or join 2 or 3 student organizations then don't bother. Sororities want successful and accomplished sophomores not girls who sat on their ass for a year and just decided to rush

By: False
by: ?Jan 25, 2015 4:10:58 PM

if you don't mind me asking what 3 houses did you pref?

By: ?
#4  by: False   

Pi phi kappa and DG

by: FalseJan 25, 2015 6:02:31 PM

You sound bitter haha im assuming they cut you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.